Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody think the Grizzlies will make any more moves, and if so, what?
Try to keep it on this planet. Don't write something if it's completely absurd.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
i love the grizz this season and think that west likes his group too. don't think he's too high on stro for some reason but will keep him for future trades if he doesn't like what he sees. i only see stromile's stock going up. i think he'll stand pat...
holy crap i wish the grizz were still in van city.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ok jerry west's alter ego, here goes:

Memphis trades : Swift, Person, Knight and Massenburg for
Seattle trades: Payton and Booth

This works under the cap but Memphis may have to add a lottery protected #1 as well.

Seattle may want and deserve more, but if they like Swift's potential they may feel that is the most they can get. It gives them some depth as well.

Memphis gets a real point guard and an ok center, where they are not deep. Jason Williams can sub in like a true #3 guard and give the team what it needs at the time, if the coach tells him and he listens. Memphis makes the playoffs with this team.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Doubt that. Payton is of no use to the Grizz. By the time the rest of the guys on that team are ready to really go, Payton's career will be running down.

Plus, I think West thinks he can make Jason Williams into something. We all can see the kid has the talent.. just have to wonder if he will ever realize it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Dee Bo- I was just sprinkling some happy dust at the Memphis guy. Payton , I'm sure , wants to go to an instant o' winner.

You see Jason Williams evolving to a real NBA point guard, mentality included?Tell me more of your thoughts. I see an Issiah Rider type, just another confused , wasted talent, with physical gifts but not much else. I would love to be wrong, as he is very skilled and exciting, if you can remove the context of actually winning the contest at hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts