Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hopeing he is, but is the money there is the question I'm wondering. I think with the experience he gained in the last year, he will become more of a consistant player.

Well, wherever he goes I think he will have a career year next season. Hopefully its with the Raptors.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Who knows. I think he'll end up being traded though.:yes:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm hopeing he is, but is the money there is the question I'm wondering. I think with the experience he gained in the last year, he will become more of a consistant player.
I think Toronto has a good chance of re-signing Keon.(Not just because im from Toronto and want them to)

If money is a concern for the team considering Keon will make 8 or 9 mill next season. They can trade JYD-7 mill and Hakeem-5 mill
There are plenty of teams in need of a tenacious rebounder and a veteran big man.

Glen Grunwald is known for draft day deals Carter-Jamison and Davis-Bender

Many lottery teams from 9 to 14 would want thos services of JYD team that come to mind.

-NEW YORK- Jeromme would be a welcome addition to the knicks. Do they want to take their chance on a rookie for the future or do they want to know what their getting. Jeromme for The 7th pick might not be enough for New york tho.

-Millwaukee- There will be changes with the Bucks no question. The big three will probably split. They need quality post players once again JYD might be the dog they are looking for.

-Detroit- Ok I can picture Hakeem with the pistons next season. In the first round Rick Caralisle praised Hakeem on almost every question. He said his team would be much better if they had a veteran like Hakeem who can teach his young players what it takes to win(Ben and Vladimar in particular). Im thinking if detroit offers a 2nd round pick for Hakeem the Raptors are taking that to dump salary and Hakeem.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Trading Hakeem

I think our best option with Hakeem would be to buy him out. That's the most likely option for nobody else wants him. About JYD, I say we keep him for now. I'm not too fond of his game but he's got a lot of fans here, so keep the crowd in tact for now's what I say.

Another way to sign Keon is to sign him to the mid-level exception (4.5 mil I think) over one year, and then re-sign him again next season if he's looking for a raise, which we could with Murray's contract expiring.

But if we buy out Hakeem's contract now the possibility of Keon coming back increases by a lot IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts