Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been hearring a lot of talk about how many feel that KG is wasting his carreer in MIN and was wondering if those of you that live in MN could give tell me what's being talked about. As you know what's being said in the national media is not always whats going on in the team's market and in reality things can go either way.

I'm not a big T-Wolves fan but i'd like to see them do well just because of KG. There's also the fact that I'm a Knicks hater and would hate to see KG in a Knicks uniform.

Now I know many of you will be in denial and will say he'll never leave but I'd like to hear more from those that are reallistic. Is this orgaanization ready to make another run at the playoffs and more the next 2 years? Because unless they are i dont see him staying

·
Wolves Enthusiast
5,934 Posts
I think he is done in Minny... Although I don't want him to, this team is not improving right now... He wants to win, not rebuild. It seems like all this stuff the staff is doing with the young guys is them wanting to begin rebuilding.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
It's pretty much a given that he's going to be back here next year. I'd put the chances of him being traded at under 5%.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
5,934 Posts
socco said:
It's pretty much a given that he's going to be back here next year. I'd put the chances of him being traded at under 5%.
Reason why its a given?

KG will want out, this team is horrid. Unless we can bring Paul Pierce or Marbury in here, I don't see KG wanting to stay.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
sheefo13 said:
Reason why its a given?

KG will want out, this team is horrid. Unless we can bring Paul Pierce or Marbury in here, I don't see KG wanting to stay.
Did KG specifically say that he wanted out? Are there any proofs out that he has mentioned that?

One more thing to add, no Marbury.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Juxtaposed said:
Did KG specifically say that he wanted out?
No, but he specifically said time after time after time after time that he isn't going to leave, and that he's not a "coward" (pretty harsh words that would bite him in the *** if he did ever demand a trade). Here is the most recent example, where he says "I'm not the type of person to give up just because something gets rough. That's a coward. That's not me." Also, Taylor has no plans on trading him, saying "I can't see a possibility that makes sense for this team to do that." When asked about a possible KG trade, Dwane Casey said "That is not part of the equation whatsoever."

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Garnett's expressed his dissatifaction with the situation in Minnesota, but he's also said repeatedly he's in it for the long haul. Minnesota is his place, and the Wolves are his team. Why would he go out of his way to make that point if he weren't prepared to stand by it? There's no need for him to say anything, so why would he bother if he didn't mean it? Besides, he's never given anybody any reason to think he's not a man of his word, so I'm betting he's still in Minnesota come training camp.

That said, I sure hope they get the poor man some decent help.

Laurie

·
Registered
340 Posts
I fully expect KG to be with the team next season, with Marbury ( :cry: ) or someone like that as a new second option...with the Wolves trading KG in summer '07 of things don't get better. Basically take one last shot at building around him before conceding that it's time to start from scratch.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
The King of the World said:
Basically take one last shot at building around him before conceding that it's time to start from scratch.
But what could be better scratch than Kevin Garnett? Maybe Kobe...Steve Nash...but they're both locked up. If you're going to build a contending team, who in the League could be better than KG to start as a first/center piece?

I don't know...Maybe it's just me, but I can't envision a scenario in which it'd be smart to trade Garnett.

Laurie

·
Registered
183 Posts
endora60 said:
But what could be better scratch than Kevin Garnett? Maybe Kobe...Steve Nash...but they're both locked up. If you're going to build a contending team, who in the League could be better than KG to start as a first/center piece?

I don't know...Maybe it's just me, but I can't envision a scenario in which it'd be smart to trade Garnett.

Laurie
Great point. The fact is that with KG's salary, the salary cap rules, and the difficulty in getting fair value for stars, there is NO KG trade out there that would leave the Wolves in a better situation.

And as far as KG demanding a trade, he's still locked in. He MIGHT be able to force his way out with enough complaining, but that isn't KG and even if he tried it isn't a sure thing that he would be successful (see Jason Kidd.)

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
hollywood476 said:
He said if he wasn't going to make the playoffs this year than he would try to find a different team.
No he didn't.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Unless we can bring Paul Pierce
Wouldn't do it. Garnett's huge salary means we can't put good players around him and he can't lead a team any better than Pierce, anyways.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
TheBigDonut said:
he'll be playing in the Windy City next year.
Chicago? Strange, I hadn't heard or read that either. Same request: Have you got a reputable news link/Garnett quote for that, please?

I don't understand why, absent KG's own words, people are deciding he's going someplace else next season. Hasn't he, in fact, said Minnesota's his place?

Laurie

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.