Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for other people's input on this one. The Gopher hoops program is in the toilet. I've heard many people in Minney hate Monson. This program seems to have nothing going for it. My friends from Minnesota say Humphries is going pro after this season. Anyone else have an opinion? Will he go pro, transfer elsewhere, or possibly stick around? I almost think there is a curse on Minney players leaving early (see Pryzbilla and Rickert). Is he an exception?

·
Registered
49 Posts
He'll go pro IMO. Don't think he'll transfer, then he would have to sit out a season. (If he transfer to a major uni. anyways) He's too talented to transfer and sit out a year when he could just test the NBA waters. It's all about $$$$. Or he could make himself eligible for the NBA draft but not to elect for a agent and if he doesn't get drafted in the first round, then he could go back to Minn.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
No, he won't stay. It's a given. He's a lotto talent playing for a team that doesn't have a future until a coaching move is made. Hump has never really tried to hide that he wants to get to the league as quickly as possible.

The Gophers have been playing better lately, but not good enough to recover to the point where the season can be salvaged. I hope they win a couple down the stretch here - they should be able to.

The team played very well last night, until Devin Harris decided he was Michael Jordan. Can you believe that line?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Who would forget about Rick Rickert?

Rickert opted out of Minnesota and was drafted by T'Wolves. Funny thing is, he is somewhere in Europe right now. I heard he needs to bulk up his body lot and practice his skills.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts