Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Will Kwame Brown average a double-double at year's end?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • He'll be close, but he won't.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Other (Specify Reason).

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think?

He's averaging 9.7 points and 6.8 rebounds currently.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
If we're talking about final season averages, then no chance. He only averages 6.8 a game now, so he'd have to put up something like 13.5 per game over the final 39 games to get up there. Simply put, I don't think that is at all possible.

However, let's talk about just 2004 numbers. Since the start of the year, he's averaged a much better 8.1 RPG in 31.5 MPG. In 2004 games where he got major minutes (36+), he has put up 9.1 RPG. That's still shy of double digits, but it's close. I think his final 2004 RPG will wind up at 8.8 -- just sort of a random guess. Going by that number, that would put his season rebounding average at about 7.7, which considering his start to the year, is perfectly okay with me.

As for the points part of the double double, I don't see how he couldn't wind up in double figures there. He's put up 13.2 PPG in 2004, and even just going at that pace he figures to up his current 9.7 PPG average to around 11.4 PPG by years end.

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts
I don't think that he'll be able to do it.

I really wish that he would step his game up and show us what everyone saw in him to draft him straight into the NBA.

I'm sure that he could be a dominant player night after night if he played with the desire to be that.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
after the recent games, i think he will be able to average a double double. anyone else change their minds?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think if he can keep this solid play up for another 2 weeks or so...we'll be able to see if he is really capable of being one of the best PF's in the East.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
If Kwame won't do it this year, he will do it next year, he is going to be a stud next year.

·
Registered
462 Posts
can you add the option of not a chance, and also, for those wondering what close means, in my definition, and mine might differ from others, close means off by 1 in each category (9ppg, 9rbg)

edit:

As I read the other posts, I see optimism for next year 'when its sure to happen'... okay just like how it was sure to happen this year, and dont even fake like you didnt say it.

IMO, and I know im on the wrong board here, but there has to be other wizards fans that agree with me, Kwame will NEVER average a double double, NEVER. EVER.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SKLB54</b>!
can you add the option of not a chance, and also, for those wondering what close means, in my definition, and mine might differ from others, close means off by 1 in each category (9ppg, 9rbg)

edit:

As I read the other posts, I see optimism for next year 'when its sure to happen'... okay just like how it was sure to happen this year, and dont even fake like you didnt say it.

IMO, and I know im on the wrong board here, but there has to be other wizards fans that agree with me, Kwame will NEVER average a double double, NEVER. EVER.
I can't speak for others, but my exact numbers for him to have what I would consider to be a very good year were 12 points, 8 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks per game. While he is definitely shy on those blocks, he is well on his way to the other two numbers if he continues at the pace he put forward in January (13.7 PPG, 8.7 RPG).

If you came in here a month ago and said what you're saying, you'd probably get a couple of Wiz fans to grudgingly agree with you. However, as things stand now, you'd have to be a major pessimist to say that Kwame will "NEVER EVER" average a double double.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Kwame's averaging over 1 steal per game, and 10.0 ppg 7.00 rpg. Only .69 blocks per, though.

A double-double is possible, but with a broken nose, I really don't think so. He will have to get about 13.5 rpg.

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you came in here a month ago and said what you're saying, you'd probably get a couple of Wiz fans to grudgingly agree with you. However, as things stand now, you'd have to be a major pessimist to say that Kwame will "NEVER EVER" average a double double.
Thats the thing, I'm not ready to change my opinion of a player after years of dissapointment and I made my opinion final at the beginning of the season and I doubt it'll change. Hey, prove me wrong Kwame becuase I'm a wizards fan(.. just not a Kwame fan.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts