Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Elite Member
Joined
·
15,150 Posts
No, because there aren't enough possessions in a game for him to average that without drastically increasing the Cavs' pace of play. Plus, at this point, he's a much better scorer than he is a passer. Though to be fair, his passing is so good and so incredibly consistent that it actually helps him score, because defenses have no way to defend/predict his moves. For example, LeBron's two clutch game winning assists before his first GW against the Bobcats this year (where they decided not to double him knowing that he would pass it out every time). Draw the defense and kick it out is something LeBron does very well. Almost to a fault (Portland earlier in the year), but I think that won't be the case for much longer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,488 Posts
if he becomes a perennial title winner in a good lineup i think he would, most likely a drop off in everything else tho
 
  • Like
Reactions: Carbo04

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,113 Posts
If Cleveland decides to play him as a pg for theyre most arousing lineup (C:Big Z, PF: Gooden, SF: Marshall, SG: Hughes, PG: Lebron) and they keep it for a couple years so he gets comfortable with it, then I believe its possible and will happen in 2 seasons or so
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,791 Posts
I was always torn on what kind of player Lebron would be like. Always thought it would be Magic but he is becoming a point forward in the Larry Bird mold (obvioulsy doesn't shoot the ball as well as Larry but he scores more point in the paint).

In that sense although he'll be the primary playmaker like Bird, he won't ever be a true PG like Magic. He's simply is just too an explosive of a scorer for any team to have play PG full time
 
  • Like
Reactions: Carbo04

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,231 Posts
PauloCatarino said:
Lebron can't play PG. Trying that would be a huge error.

And no, he will never average 10apg in a season.
Lebron already plays point guard.

And he will average 10 apg. All it is, is increasing the Cavs pace, which they will do more and more as he gets older and Z retires. He'd average close to 10 right now, if guys made their layups. Up the pace and his teammates become better finishers(Z...how do you think he gets all those offensive rebounds). He's as good a passer as you'll find in the NBA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,162 Posts
futuristxen said:
Lebron already plays point guard.

And he will average 10 apg. All it is, is increasing the Cavs pace, which they will do more and more as he gets older and Z retires. He'd average close to 10 right now, if guys made their layups. Up the pace and his teammates become better finishers(Z...how do you think he gets all those offensive rebounds). He's as good a passer as you'll find in the NBA.
Pioneer10 beat me to it, Fruity...
 

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,231 Posts
PauloCatarino said:
Pioneer10 beat me to it, Fruity...
What do you call the player who gets the rebound and dribbles the ball up the court and starts the offense? What's the point in delineating a diffrence between point forward/point guard? They are both playing the point on offense.

This season, whenever Eric Snow has been on the bench, Lebron has been the Cavs point guard. Hell, he's even defended the position on occasion, and he does a lot better job than Damon Jones does. And sometimes better than Eric Snow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
No, he will not

He knows hes unstobable, hes got passion for scoring , and he has been more of a "ball hog " down the strech ( which is good because his team has been wining when he took over), listen guys, the cavs need a PG, once we get a PG im sure lebrons APG stay the same, but not go up... 7 APG is alot from a guy who scores 35 + ppg on nightly basis ( 37 and 7 tonight vs the sixers) really... he'd have to dominate the ball even more then he does already and with larry healthy and hopefully a new starting PG next year... i highly doubt he'll avarage over 6-7 APG.

then again , its Lebron James :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,162 Posts
futuristxen said:
What do you call the player who gets the rebound and dribbles the ball up the court and starts the offense? What's the point in delineating a diffrence between point forward/point guard? They are both playing the point on offense.
Playing point guard and playing point forward are two different things. A point forward will never average 10apg in a season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,488 Posts
^^^^ there was a stat a few days ago that Lebron has as many 40pt triple doubles in this season than MJ, bird, magic, big O and kareem had in there careers

one of 3 players to average 20-5-5 in rookie season

one of 5times some gone 25-7-7

he wont even be in his prime for another 8 years so i wouldn't say what he can and cant do
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,113 Posts
naibsel said:
^^^^ there was a stat a few days ago that Lebron has as many 40pt triple doubles in this season than MJ, bird, magic, big O and kareem had in there careers

one of 3 players to average 20-5-5 in rookie season

one of 5times some gone 25-7-7

he wont even be in his prime for another 8 years so i wouldn't say what he can and cant do
thats what im thinkin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,162 Posts
naibsel said:
^^^^ there was a stat a few days ago that Lebron has as many 40pt triple doubles in this season than MJ, bird, magic, big O and kareem had in there careers
Hehe. If Magic tried to pull that, Kareem would kick his *** and yell something like "we are trying to win titles, boy. Stop showboating".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,791 Posts
PauloCatarino said:
Hehe. If Magic tried to pull that, Kareem would kick his *** and yell something like "we are trying to win titles, boy. Stop showboating".
Now you're dreaming up stuff PC: sucks the player in the direct lineage of Oscar and Magic isn't on the Lakers for you. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,162 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
Now you're dreaming up stuff PC: sucks the player in the direct lineage of Oscar and Magic isn't on the Lakers for you. :)
There's no "lineage" of Oscar and Magic, young grasshopper. Lebron James is a poor Oscar Roberston, all right. Still, Magic is of another kind. The kind that would defer. That's my (exagerated) point.
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top