Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I don't think he will, for a number of reasons. Cleveland is a backward organization, always has been and always will be (in 33 years they've never been to the NBA Finals... they haven't even won more than 47 games for over 12 years). It's hard to stay with a club that drafts the likes of Jackson, Diop, and Wagner with high picks and then just lets their second best player Carlos Boozer walk without any compensation (sure he promised them he'd stay... but trust me a decent club would have made 100% sure... not just shaken hands). My second reason is that LeBron is soon going to find out he's a big fish in a small pond, unlike my first reason this will never change. That's what Shaq felt when he left Orlando. Shaq wanted to be a big fish in a BIG pond and that's what he got by leaving to LA. If LeBron doesn't feel the organization is driven enough to win by next season he'll bolt town, and this will be a very smart move on James' part.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
most definately...i dont this that there is a question in my mind that he will resign...he is from near by akron then preety much lets him stay close to his loved ones..the city of cleveland and the state of ohio have loved him since he was 16..and its HIS franchise...there is no possible way..and lebron and a looooooong time left in his career even after he gets the max from cleveland....so there is a ZERO possibility that he leaves..NO WAY...pigs would have to fly before he left...

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
drafting Luke Jackson wasn't a mistake. He was exactly what the Cavs needed, and he is actually a pretty good player. Hes just been injured this season.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
The Cavs are a terrible organization for sure, but the new CBA made it easier for teams to keep their restricted free agents. It will be a lot tougher for LeBron to leave Cleveland than it was for Shaq to leave Orlando.

Will he leave anyway? Who knows, it's all speculation at this point and not really worth discussing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i could almost sware i heard lebron say that cleveland is where he is and it where he's going to say .but him and jay z are friends and i heard he just bought some team.(i forget which one)so right about now who knows.

·
Registered
490 Posts
i say yeah, he will sign another contract with the cavs. i could see him leaving during the 2nd contract, but him leaving in 1.5 years would be like 10x worse than the browns leaving, i think northeast ohio would declare war on the nba. i just couldn't see it.

besides all that hysteria, james will want to stay. the cavs after next season will more than likely be on the verge of something big, unless they royally screw up this offseason. they have drew, andy, sasha, newble, and snow for 2+ years with money to do Z+superstarSG with jmac clearly leaving. i would think that 3 all-stars and 2 potentials on the bench would be enough to entice lebron to stay for another couple years.

besides, this cat will be only 27-28 after his SECOND nba contract. it ain't like the cavs can lock him up for 15 years with one signature. the new cba will probably take max's down to 5 years.

if lebron isn't leading the cavs to a bulls-like finals run by his 5th year, i think he'll look to move on. it's only natural, considering his idol jordan would have done the same. shaq also did his best at orlando before bolting for the only place big enough to hold him as a young man, LA. lebron is cleveland all the way, that's what's so ironic about everyone swinging from his nutties while at the same time assuming everying in c-town is backwards and wrong and useless.

i heard they are gonna rename the place clevebron.

of course, akbron would take exception to that. but clevebron would just slap them around like usual.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
If you want to be a beloved superstar, you stay w/ one team. Lebron is on the beloved superstar path. Only problem is the idiot GM Paxson. When new ownership dumps his sorry butt, I think it will seal the deal.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
He doesn't have a choice, he'll be a RFA.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yes, maybe the Cleveland organization is stupid. Maybe LeBron is a big fish in a small pond. But the Cavs are more likely to shoot Bron than let him walk away. Nothing can suck that bad. It can't be just one retarted kid running that place.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
From all indications new ownership is in the Marc Cuban mold. Which means first off, Paxson's *** is grass. And second of all, Gilbert is going to do everything he can to make Cleveland a first class organization worthy of Lebron. Bringing in Usher was just the start.

Lebron is going to change the Cleveland sports landscape to such that it will accomdate him.

If Cleveland can't keep Lebron, they don't deserve to have an NBA franchise. Flat out.

And it doesn't seem like playing in cleveland is killing Lebron's marketablity. He is still on Sportscenter all the time. And people buy his jerseys in droves.

·
Registered
946 Posts
TheATLien said:
All the team with the room to sign LeBron will probably we worse off than Cleveland.
Lebron could sign for the league minimum with NY, LA, or Chicago and have Nike, Powerade, etc. subsidize his losses. If Cleveland continues to wallow in mediocrity, I expect LBJ to leave.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
isn't Lebron a restricted free agent after the next two seasons? he might not have a choice of where to go Cavs will most likely match any offer

oops EDITED, I didn't know someone else posted it, I just read the first post gave a response

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Usher is traitor. Why can't he buy part of the Hawks? He from Atlanta.

No rapper ever been to Cleveland. Shoot.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Ice Nine said:
Lebron could sign for the league minimum with NY, LA, or Chicago and have Nike, Powerade, etc. subsidize his losses. If Cleveland continues to wallow in mediocrity, I expect LBJ to leave.
If Cleveland is mediocrity then what the hell are the Knicks, Lakers and Bulls?

Some people just have a hard time grasping the idea of a megastar not in LA, Chicago, or NY.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
TheATLien said:
Usher is traitor. Why can't he buy part of the Hawks? He from Atlanta.

No rapper ever been to Cleveland. Shoot.
Like Charles Barkley says...3 years.

Why doesn't Atlanta ownership try to get some of that atlanta hiphop scene? Make Hawks games crunkified and such. Lower ticket prices and have a party like atmosphere. That's what I'd do. If I were Hawks ownership we'd have a blast. Every home game would be the biggest party ever.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
futuristxen said:
Like Charles Barkley says...3 years.

Why doesn't Atlanta ownership try to get some of that atlanta hiphop scene? Make Hawks games crunkified and such. Lower ticket prices and have a party like atmosphere. That's what I'd do. If I were Hawks ownership we'd have a blast. Every home game would be the biggest party ever.
I know right? Jermaine Dupri is a season ticket holder. And I've seen Usher, Lil Jon, Ludacris at games. Even that fony Lil Bow. I remember they had Busta Rhymes one time for post game entertainment, sold out. And most the attendance is affluent black families from the burbs.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
lebron really has doesn't have much of a choice. all he could do is take the qualifying offer when the time comes and then be unrestricted the next year. lebron is going to play 5 years for the cavs unless they trade him. if he just takes the qualifying offer the 5th year, he will be unrestricted and play anywhere. but if he signs a contract with any other team, the cavs will match because he is restricted and they have his bird rights.

same deal with yao and amare and any other player on their rookie contract. if they want to play somewhere else, they'll have to only take the qualifying offer their 5th year to become unrestricted. if they don't do that, they're staying put. their teams are going to keep their young superstar players at any price.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Would you buy into the Hawks? :D

Lebron has at least another deal in Cleveland.

Cleveland... well Boozer was like their first-round pick, they got Gooden and Varejao,they stuck with Z through the injuries, shipped out Davis and Miles, and got Pavlovic/Welsch/Jackson for about a 50% chance of getting a decent player. jk

Now if they lose Z on top of Boozer... and get maybe one good player out of the picks of Diop, Wagner, Jackson, and Mihm if you count him... ouch.

They should've taken Iguodala. If they just chose the player that went next in 02 and 04 they'd have him and Nene.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts