Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting debate by two writers/Knick fans for alternative newspaper New York Press. They debate whether or not a "real New Yorker" could root for the Nets. http://www.nypress.com/18/47/sports/sullandholl.cfm

Meanwhile, while the Nets have been making business moves in New York City, opening up a office in Manhattan, and offering special deals through the New York Waterway (The Nets have a sick ferry), seems as the Knicks have taken exception to the Nets moves. They are offering a special "Brooklyn Night" at the Garden. http://www.brooklynpapers.com/html/issues/_vol28/28_46/28_46nets2.html

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Well, New Yorkers have rooted for the Nets before, and considering that the Knicks have a few of the least-liked figures in the NBA, I don't think Nets should have a problem re-establishing a NY fanbase.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Im from New York in Manhattan and I love the Nets and could care less for the knicks

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
AJC NYC said:
Im from New York in Manhattan and I love the Nets and could care less for the knicks
:clap: Way to be man. I'm sure there will be a mixed fanbase throughout New York, including more New York Knicks fans than Nets fans. Still the Nets will always have my support.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
New Yorkers always root for a 'winner.' As long as the NETS put a winning product on the floor worth rootin' for, bet your bottom dollar the NETS'd become the darlings of NY!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I think it was Youmark who said the Knicks are making a lot of commercials bc of the competition the attendance at the Garden hasn't got any better for it while Nets attendance has gotten better

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Mr.Montross said:
Well, New Yorkers have rooted for the Nets before, and considering that the Knicks have a few of the least-liked figures in the NBA, I don't think Nets should have a problem re-establishing a NY fanbase.
...as long as they continue to win, I totally agree, particularly since they will be playing in the most modern, most expensive and newest arena in basketball when they move to Brooklyn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts