Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blazers year started off with high hopes. The new GM believed the Blazers were one move away from being a championship contender. That was when everyone under the sun believed that this year the Blazers core of Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldrige, and Greg Oden would all come together and be healthy. Now that's been blown to hell by a curse ? Or just bad luck. The blazers owner is being rumored to wanting to sell the franchise.

I certainly hope not, but its being reported. Here is an article regarding this matter. Paul Allen has been nothing short of a great owner. I for one am really discouraged by this news, and the possibility of Allen leaving the Blazers in a heap to someone else, who will not have the deep pockets to pull us out of these uncertain times in Blazer land.

My New Year's premonition?

Before the dust settles on 2011, billionaire Paul Allen -- discouraged by both the immediate prospects of the franchise and the future of the NBA -- will put the Trail Blazers up for sale, leaving this city in a world of hurt.
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/steve_duin/index.ssf/2010/12/a_new_year_and_a_new_trail_bla.html

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
It's a premonition, not even a rumor, just what the guy is guessing at without any source.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a premonition, not even a rumor, just what the guy is guessing at without any source.
It's also being rumored all over Portland's sports radio. Granted it's just a rumor right now, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities. I'm sure Allen is quite disenchanted with the Blazers play 500 sub 500 ball and having key core players out indefinitely to injuries. Again I'm just throwing this out there for discussion. What would the Blazers franchise turn into with out Paul Allen sinking his dollars into the Blazers ?

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
It's also being rumored all over Portland's sports radio. Granted it's just a rumor right now, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities. I'm sure Allen is quite disenchanted with the Blazers play 500 sub 500 ball and having key core players out indefinitely to injuries. Again I'm just throwing this out there for discussion. What would the Blazers franchise turn into with out Paul Allen sinking his dollars into the Blazers ?
It's all over Portland's sports radio because of that article that has no basis.

As to what they would become without PA it depends on the new owner. We won a championship without PA.

I really don't think he'll sell. When he was sicker I think there was a possibility, but now I don't think so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts