Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new video analyzing Rondo in the preseason, thanks for watching. What are your thoughts on how he'll do?

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
I'm actually more encouraged about the Kings after watching this video than I was before. Interesting stuff.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Bust. Part of me really wants the Kings to succeed with all these cancerous parts on their team. I see some potential with Rondo in the pick & roll with Cousins/Gay, but I don't think he's going have the ball enough to be effective. I'm expecting Collison to take the starting job sometime in December.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Triangle war:

Karl, Boogie, Rondo

Rondo = will be traded = bust

Compare to

Russia
Syria Rebels
Syria Government

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Rondo's a weird guy, so much depends on how invested he is at any particular time, but when he's dialed in he's still one of the best passers in the league and has the physical ability to still be a very good defender. After flaming out in Dallas I really don't have a read on what his post-Boston career's going to look like though.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
while others seem to forget that last season's bad year was the most games he's played in 4 seasons or that Rondo's most significant flaw (outside of his attitude) is the same as it's ever been, dude is ball dominant but cant shoot

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Rondo has a history of not getting a long w/ coaches. Karl has a history of not getting along w/ players. I'm betting bad.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
while others seem to forget that last season's bad year was the most games he's played in 4 seasons or that Rondo's most significant flaw (outside of his attitude) is the same as it's ever been, dude is ball dominant but cant shoot
My thoughts also. He can't shoot, so you can't really have him off the ball at all or else you're playing 4 on 5. So you have to give him the keys to the team, let him dominate the ball and live with the results. I guess it can work with the right teammates (prime Pierce, Garnett and Ray Allen for example) but it seems more likely that he is overrated and his skillset doesn't merit getting to dominate the ball all game. Funny considering Rondo's comments awhile back about how great he'd be if he had his own team, in reference to Chris Paul.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts