Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I wasnt growing up in the Showtime era or I was too young to watch basketball. But does any vet know if Marion will have a chance to be the next James Worthy? They are both excellent finisher in fast breaks and they both can sky th sky?:D

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
decent comparison. I think Worthy had a more reliable J. But the Matrix still might get even better. Good comparison.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So all are new aged fans?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by Penny Hardaway
Yeah, I wasnt growing up in the Showtime era or I was too young to watch basketball. But does any vet know if Marion will have a chance to be the next James Worthy? They are both excellent finisher in fast breaks and they both can sky th sky?:D
Marion doesn't remind me of Big Game James too much. Worthy was not a superb rebounder at all and Marion is. They both finish well and that is about the only thing in favor of relating one to the other.

Worthy could glide & finish like Drexler and they were more alike than Worthy & Marion, IMHO.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
worthy was a much better offensive player. marion much better on defense and the boards. similarities in athleticism and size, although i'd say worthy had more of both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts