Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Way Too Early To Tell

Votes: 19 45.2%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe this had already been asked before, but, in light of the Sonics poor start (word is, there are already negative rumblings coming out of the Emerald City regarding Weiss), I thought I'd throw the question out there again.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
I really want to say yes becuase they don't have Nate they have the same talent though so besides Nate leaving they don't have a reason to suck.If we play like we did last night then yes.I think well have a worse record just because of the talent but so far we have a better record.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Another question:

Seattle is really having trouble this year, Denver lost Nene, and we've been better than most expected, could we actually win the Northwest Division this year? I would have thought that was crazy before the season started, but I'm not so sure now.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The Detroit game was incouraging, but I wouldnt go so far is saying we're going to win the division. That'll go to the nuggets easily. Seattle will turn it on. Not nearly the level of last year, but by the end of the year, they'll probably be a few games above us. We're still not gonna win any more than 30 games this year... and thats damn generous.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
TradeShareefNow said:
The Detroit game was incouraging, but I wouldnt go so far is saying we're going to win the division. That'll go to the nuggets easily. Seattle will turn it on. Not nearly the level of last year, but by the end of the year, they'll probably be a few games above us. We're still not gonna win any more than 30 games this year... and thats damn generous.
I agree that our chances of winning the division aren't even worth discussing, but just like it's too soon to say anything about this season as a whole, it's still too soon to say how many games we "will" win.

Stranger things have happened (see Utah after Malone and Stockton left).

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Seattle's looking bad, but they'll need to have a tremendous dropoff to fall to Portland's level. It's certainly possible, but I voted "no" because I don't find it at all likely.

Ed O.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts