Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Raptors now-deep pockets as a result of their new ownership group, could you see them landing a key free agent this summer? Perhaps a Brad Miller or Jamaal Magloire (is he a free agent?), to allow the Raptors to finally move Antonio to his natural position of power forward.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I think the Raptors are pretty much lock up with salary, unless they trade AD, and AD doesn't look natural at the PF spot, he way too slow and his footwork and range is not good enough as a PF. AD is a fine centre and that's when he earn the all star spot.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The raptors do have new ownership and they do have more deeper pockets then they had before. Also it would be a great pick up if they would get Jamaal Magloire but I do not think he'S a free agent. But I believe that Tim Duncan is a free agent try to get him. :D :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Vinsanity</b>!
i dont think they got cap room
There is a cap at $40 mill so sign free agents. A team may go over this to sign their own free agents, draft picks, mid-level excemptions, vet excemptions, million dollar excemptions etc.

Therefore the Raptors must get big names through trades.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They don't need to sign a big Free agent to make their team better. Their team is alrady good they just need a team leader. But a Tim Duncan would help a lot.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
raptors need to trade lindsey hunter and mopete, michael bradly and hakeem.

with all the cap space we have left, we can used it to sign jamaal magloire or bring back keon clark.

·
Registered
183 Posts
no cap and no point

With the new restructuring, the Teacher's Pension Plan own 58% of leafs and raptors. What this mean is that "maximizing shareholder's value" is more important than winning a championship or stanley cup.

If they can get 19k fans per game to watch the raps game with a payroll of 50million, why would they increase payroll to get the same amount of fans in to watch the games. This does nto make economic sense.

Also, there is no cap, and I don't think the organization will want to pay a luxury tax.for going over the limit.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
They made out like a bandit with signing Rafer Alston.

I'm not sure if guys like TD or Kidd would want to go to Toronto, but I think the Raps could swing Jamaal Magloire or Elden Campbell (I think he's a FA).

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
The Raps don't have a lot of money to work with. Remember teams that sign over their cap must pay luxury tax. AD, JYD, and Hakeems contract eat their cap space. But the rumour is that AD will be shipped in the offseason maybe for a middle draft pick and with another salary eater.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Keepers:
V.Carter
AD
Michael Bradley
C.Jefferies

expandable:
JYD
L.Hunter
R.Alston
Mopete
Lamound Murry
Hakeem
A.Williams

Free Agents raptors should get.
J.Magloire
Keon Clark
Theo Ratliff
Shareef A.Rahim
Elden Campbell

Draft Wishes:
Lebron James
Carmel A.
Darko.

what i want:
Get v.carter a TRUE secondary scorer.
Get a true PG that can penetrate and create.
Get a BIG MAN.

·
Registered
201 Posts
no jyd is amazing... he's next year gonna be league elite in rebounding.. plus everyone loves him

raptors have to re-sign keon... he did so much for them

and raptors HAVE TO TRADE mo-pete (im sorry buddy :() alvin williams, friggin Akeem's contract ...

raptors need... a true center... a.d. is expendable for a true center... maybe olowokandi can do a sign and trade with the clipps for a.d.... (cuz they cant afford both)

they need to draft a pg or sign gilbert arenas... once again... with arenas comes a bigger contract... but... if the raps get picks 1-3... they can draft one of the three monsters and trade away people... even vince... :D... lebron instead of vince...
or darko or carmello and trade jyd...

c- olowkandi
pf- keon
sf- JYD/carmello/darko
sg- vince/lebron
pg..... if they get low lottery they should pick chris duhon or kirk hinrich... so thats that

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NaS</b>!

c- olowkandi
pf- keon
sf- JYD/carmello/darko
sg- vince/lebron
pg..... if they get low lottery they should pick chris duhon or kirk hinrich... so thats that
You must be in your own world buddy because your dreaming.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
that team is even worst than the team that we have right now...

·
Registered
201 Posts
how the hell u figure that??

c- olowkandi <-- a legitemite center... good post player
pf- keon <-- blocks, boards and a sik dunker
sf- JYD/carmello/darko <-- jyd is a beast on boards, carmello or darko are good players
sg- vince/lebron <-- nuff' said
pg..... if they get low lottery they should pick chris duhon or kirk hinrich... so thats that <--- raps need a pg... they could pick up andre miller also

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NaS</b>!
how the hell u figure that??

c- olowkandi <-- a legitemite center... good post player
pf- keon <-- blocks, boards and a sik dunker
sf- JYD/carmello/darko <-- jyd is a beast on boards, carmello or darko are good players
sg- vince/lebron <-- nuff' said
pg..... if they get low lottery they should pick chris duhon or kirk hinrich... so thats that <--- raps need a pg... they could pick up andre miller also
One thing that u have to know is that we can only get one of LeBron, Carmello, or Darko, we are not going to get three of them.

And then u said if they get low lottery they should pick Chris Duhon of Krik Hinrich, please mind that we ONLY have ONE pick!1

ONE!

ONE!

Even I assume the best sitaution for the Raptors, getting LeBron,

What, so according to you

Olowankandi
Keon Clark
VC
LeBron
NO POINT Guard
JYD

and you are calling this a good team?..

Candy man will probably have the Shawn Kemp, Vin Baker effect once he got a big contract.

What makes your post even funnier is that you put Keon Clark as a sik dunker, and think that would explain why he would be a good addition, do you know Corey Benjamin is a sick dunker too? So maybe I could sign him to a contract.

And then you even suggest that we could sign Candy man and both Andre Miller to a contract, um, I think the Denver Nuggets forum is your place to go. You make sounds like the free agents are there waiting for you to pick them, and they would just sign with your team.

It's been soo obviously that you are someone who doens't know much about the Raptors, and your comment are soo biased. You want Alvin Williams, Mo-Pete, A.D. to be traded, and you think JYD is a beast of the board.

I have seen way too many ppl who don't know how to appreciate the skill of a player, and different part of the game. Yet Alvin might only averages 5 assists per game, his heart, passion, leadership, clutchness are priceless. If you actually see how much he sacrifices his body in the game, how many times he sinks a key baskets, then you might be able to understand what I said.

SO Please, just add that little more intelligence to your post. Stop putting like non sense stuff, and then come back with things like "what the hell you are saying". If you don't appreciate Alvin Williams' game, I recommend watch more Raptors game and judge him in a different perspective, he has been soo important for this team, I hate to see someone just comes up and put him down like that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts