Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tickets go on sale for Boston Celtics home playoff games this Monday at 10 a.m. But the Celtics themselves have yet to stamp their own admission to the postseason, and their recent four-game skid hurts almost as much as those Ticketmaster service charges.

"The good news is, the last time I checked, we're still in first," said head coach Doc Rivers. "We have 11 games left and it's in our hands. If someone had told me at the start of the season that we'd be in this spot, I'd have raised my hand and said 'I'll take it.'"

But with just a three-game lead on the equally slumping Philadelphia 76ers, each one of those 11 remaining games becomes more crucial -- especially the two against the Sixers themselves.

"We just made this race a lot tighter, made it very interesting. It's a gut check for us," said Antoine Walker. "This is how you build team continuity; a little adversity sometimes helps, especially this late in the season, going into the playoffs."

A little over a week ago, the only adversity facing the Celtics or their fans was how to get ahold of a pair of what had suddenly become the hottest tickets in town. Following Walker's return to the Green on Feb. 24, the Celtics went on a four-game winning streak, lost on the final shot to the Timberwolves, and then ripped off another seven wins in a row.

Every step of the way, they looked like a team at least bound for the second round.

Then came D-Day in New York. A blowout loss to the Knicks was quickly dismissed as "one of those games." It was said that the Celts had been "playing over their heads" and that they "were due" a letdown game to slap them back to reality.

Instead, that one loss spiraled into four straight, turning the Green from contenders to pretenders faster than people could jump off their bandwagon, as it rolled head-first toward .500 once again.
http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/04-05/04-01-05/c01sp218.htm

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
agoo101284 said:
How much would a ticket go for?
Hopefully, we'll find out on the 4th, when playoff strips go on sale). Just add about $15 or so to that price (per game) and you'll come close to their price.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Unless you want to sit in the scary nosebleed section they are EXPENSIVE :cry: I sat up there once and when I stood up I felt like I was gonna fall over the side, yikes! It is crazy how expensive Boston sports tickets have gotten in the last couple years.

·
Registered
618 Posts
to be honest, i dont mind the nosebleed sections (balcony) at all in the fleet. i really think that there isnt a bad seat in the house. i will definitely try to make it to a game or two.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
whiterhino said:
Unless you want to sit in the scary nosebleed section they are EXPENSIVE :cry: I sat up there once and when I stood up I felt like I was gonna fall over the side, yikes! It is crazy how expensive Boston sports tickets have gotten in the last couple years.

Well when you think about it, we've had some pretty good teams. Pats 3 out of 4, Sox winning for the first time in 86 years, the Celtics making the playoffs the last 3/4 years after going on a 10 year no playoff run.

The Bruins were also making noise every year.

With very good teams, great prices come.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
P2TheTruth34 said:
to be honest, i dont mind the nosebleed sections (balcony) at all in the fleet. i really think that there isnt a bad seat in the house. i will definitely try to make it to a game or two.
I guess I was used to the old Boston Garden, it was so much smaller than the fleet that anywhere you sat you felt close to the game. I'm not a fan of the "fleet or new garden" AT ALL but I'm glad at least now it's called the Garden again thanks to Bank North.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts