Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Will the wolves ever build a competent enough team around Towns?

709 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ryaddd 
#1 ·
Do you guys think Towns will ever get help to actually compete in the stacked western conference? Or will he be another KG?
I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, being a Wolves fan. While we have some terrible draft picks (Jonny Flynn, Ricky Rubio, Derrick Williams), we have some good ones like Towns and Lavine. I like the pickup of DLo, but will that even matter?
The lack of defense is very concerning and I don’t know how they will address that. Jarrett Culver has a lot of potential but had a pretty bad rookie season, and relying on Okogie as their only good perimeter defender is gonna be tough.
I’m really interested in what you guys think.

#2 ·
I think the Wolves will be solid, they have ROCO, Okogie, and Culver as defensive anchors

Towns and DLO can shoulder the offensive burden, and you know they will make a push for Booker. If they can get Booker, this team will have a deadly scoring squad.

I would wait until next year to get a feel for the team.

I have good hopes for this team, not high hopes because we need to see them win more games, but the future looks brighter than before

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.