Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Will they make the Hall Of Fame?

2K views 68 replies 39 participants last post by  Kmasonbx 
#1 ·
Which of the following should be Hall Of Famers(You can choose however many you want). Don't say, "Too Early to tell", because part of this is guessing how the rest of their career will turn out.

Carmelo Anthony
Zach Randolph
LeBron James
Amare Stoudemire
Jason Kidd
Grant Hill
Alvin Williams

#8 ·
Originally posted by <b>rukahS capuT</b>!
Which of the following should be Hall Of Famers(You can choose however many you want). Don't say, "Too Early to tell", because part of this is guessing how the rest of their career will turn out.

Carmelo Anthony
Zach Randolph
LeBron James
Amare Stoudemire
Jason Kidd
Grant Hill
Alvin Williams
Probably too early to tell with most of these guys but I'll give it a shot anyways.

Melo-yes
Randolph-no
James-yes
Amare-no
Kidd-yes
Hill-no
Williams-:laugh:

#9 ·
Carmelo Anthony - Yes
Zach Randolph - No
LeBron James - Yes
Amare Stoudemire - No
Jason Kidd - Yes
Grant Hill - No
Alvin Williams - I dont know, hes got upside and a nice work ethic ;)

#12 ·

Carmelo Anthony
Zach Randolph
LeBron James
Amare Stoudemire
Jason Kidd
Grant Hill
Alvin Williams

Carmelo Anthony - yes
Zach Randolph - no, prison
LeBron James - yes
Amare Stoudemire - yes
Jason Kidd - yes
Grant Hill - maybe, college prominence might help
Alvin Williams - close call, he's got lots of heart ... that has to count for something

#13 ·
Has Grant Hill ever won a playoff series? Ever? He has a total of 15 playoff games, and I don't think he won more than 4.

Penny Hardaway has more credentials and more than likely won't make it.

#14 ·

Carmelo Anthony
Zach Randolph
LeBron James
Amare Stoudemire
Jason Kidd
Grant Hill
Alvin Williams
If one really studies who is in the HOF, one can see what some of the prerequisites for entry include. Things such as:

6 or more all star selections
4 or more all NBA selections
Season MVP
More than 17,000 points
More than 10,000 rebounds
More than 5000 assists AND 10,000 points
More than 23.0 PPG LIFEtime
Any selection to the 25/35 or 50 year anniversary celebration.

So, out of those you listed, the ones more than likely to reach 3 or more of them would be <b>some of them but</b> Alvin Williams, who is destined to be a player of the past with no distinctions to take note of. :)

There are exceptions to those, but "generally" most of the inductees seem to have at the least 1 of those categories. Most of the GREATEST players have 4 or more of them.

#19 ·
Carmelo Anthony - No
Zach Randolph - No
LeBron James - Yes
Amare Stoudemire - No
Jason Kidd - Yes
Grant Hill - Sadly, No
Alvin Williams - Too...many...jokes...overload

#20 ·
Carmelo Anthony- If he keeps improving...then YES
Lebron James- YES...unless he suffers the fate of Grant Hill...
Zach Randolph- Well he improved a lot this year...but he basically plays on one end of the court...he is sort of a 50/50 situation. My guess is that he won´t make it!
Amare Stoudmire- Same as Lebron James
Jason Kidd- 99% sure...YES
Grant Hill- Unfortunately he hasn´t played enough, and consequently hasn´t past those statistical barriers...like 15000pts, 10000rebs..etc.
Alvin Williams- Well...hé´s got the heart for it...but at this point it still looks like a small possibility. But ofcourse, it´s never too late...

#22 ·
Kidd yes, Lebron yes barring injury. It would be wondeful to see Hill make it. He's one of the classiest guys ever to play the game, and once upon a time he was a great player, one of the best in the league. Sadly, I think he needed either playoff success or longevity (for the impressive career ending stats) to make it, and both were denied him.

#23 ·
Kidd, Lebron and maybe Hill.

#24 ·
j kidd is a shoe-in, no doubts from me there. unfortunately hill playing 6 HOF caliber seasons in detriot just isnt gonna cut it, no matter how much he rehabs that ankle he's just gonna be a shell of what he used to. Lebron is a strong possibility, barring he learns how to make jump shots with consistency and proves he can be close to unstoppable on the offensive end, i've already seen a good number of nice places from his defensive repetoir(sp?) this year, and above all he's gotten more hype than anybody in my basketball lifetime, so unless he becomes a total flop them theres no way a commitee would just overlook him. carmelo and amare are both gonna be great players, but hof status is doubtful to me. their numbers are comparable to players like elton brand and rashard lewis, and i just cant see them being given such a prestigious award being justified. and as for alvin williams, dont make me laugh :D :D . hes no different from players like darrell armstrong and speedy claxton, playing with alot of heart is their damn job, dont forget they get million dollar paychecks compared to my lousy 400 bucks a week.

#25 ·
Kidd will. I think James will. Anthony might.....Hill i say no...and the rest no

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.