Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know someone will quickly point out how Carter is the leading vote getter for the all-star game.......

......but I am talking about the media perception of him.....3 years ago Vince was a SUPER, SUPERSTAR.....he was hyped to become the next Jordan, Dr. J whoever

but he gets injured his team makes the playoffs without him and now He is describe as a player who really isn't that good and has no heart

And I was just wondering will the same thing happen to Tmac....
all I know is, if you would've came to this board a year ago and asked who were the top 5 players in the NBA, Tmac would've been on almost everyones list........but ask the same question now.....and its 50/50

so I just wanna know will his star power fall the way Vince Carter's has.....(media perception)

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>t_blazer03'</b>!
Now I know someone will quickly point out how Carter is the leading vote getter for the all-star game.......
Sorry, you just said it right there. The guy's still a huge superstar and the guy is still bigger than T-Mac.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>t_blazer03'</b>!

......but I am talking about the media perception of him.....3 years ago Vince was a SUPER, SUPERSTAR.....he was hyped to become the next Jordan, Dr. J whoever

but he gets injured his team makes the playoffs without him and now He is describe as a player who really isn't that good and has no heart

And I was just wondering will the same thing happen to Tmac....
all I know is, if you would've came to this board a year ago and asked who were the top 5 players in the NBA, Tmac would've been on almost everyones list........but ask the same question now.....and its 50/50

so I just wanna know will his star power fall the way Vince Carter's has.....(media perception)
With a recent thread here, I think Tmac was probably on 70-75% of people's top 5 lists.

He is going to continue to be attacked until the team gets better and they win more games, thats just the way it is. Same with Carter.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Well, the Magic suck. So if he were sidelined by the old back long-term, he'd fade much quicker from any spotlight. But for now he's giving his all, not that Vince didn't last year post All-star break, (underneath a rock) but T-Mac is fresh off of challenging the one seed, 32-6-6, many 35+ games this year, etc.

But Vince was the vote-leader last year, with no season and no team, so somebody likes him. He got "hate" from more in-depth fans.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jokeaward</b>!
But Vince was the vote-leader last year, with no season and no team, so somebody likes him. He got "hate" from more in-depth fans.
Which is strange because you'd think that the in-depth fans would be the ones looking past the records and understanding what was going on with the Raptors in that 1 and a half season span.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
No it wont..

Either McGrady and the magic will be good next season..or t-mac will leave and play with a 'good' team w/ a very talented player = more wins+more stats+more dunks/show= still top 5.. and be a title contender..

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!

Which is strange because you'd think that <b>he in-depth fans would be the ones looking past the records </b>and understanding what was going on with the Raptors in that 1 and a half season span.

I like to consider myself a lifelong, in-depth fan and I certainly have defended Vince and I'll defend TMac & Kobe the same way. This great game is bigger than any <b>"ONE star"</b>, and most fans understand that "given" - just as we know that all of the above-mentioned & others are vital cogs in the NBA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts