Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
obivously if they were to paid next season, no.

If chandlers back does not heal, definately no! If it does and he plays very well, then maybe.

Curry as of right now, no. But this summer if he comes into shape, maybe.

The both will be RFA, not this summer but next summer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!
obivously if they were to paid next season, no.

If chandlers back does not heal, definately no! If it does and he plays very well, then maybe.

Curry as of right now, no. But this summer if he comes into shape, maybe.

The both will be RFA, not this summer but next summer.

then why the sense of urgency to trade these guys from alot of people? if we can get them for cheap THEN YOU DO IT!! :( :rolleyes: :yes: :yes:

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
I think the concensus is that we only trade them if we get an amazing offer. Like a young player who is already playing at an all-star level (instead of an older player who never was an allstar and never will be :rolleyes: ). That way you know you're getting a building block in return, and one who won't start to decline.

otherwise you wait it out and see if they turn it on later this season or come in ready to win next season.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think what you do right now is sit them down RIGHT NOW.. and ask them what range they will be asking for over the summer. Tell them you want to get this over with now, rather then later. If jamal, tyson or eddy feel they are max players.. you deal them today for humble pie players who wont ask for much.. if they say they'd be willing to sign for $6 million.. then you sit there and poop your pants knowing you got a steal

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think Paxson has already said they will NOT get deals this summer.

Chandler, without adding a much better offensive game will not be a max player.

Curry, without grabbing 10 boards a game, will not be a max player. Although Curry grabbing 10 boards is probably more likely than Chandler scoring 25 a game.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>[email protected]</b>!

then why the sense of urgency to trade these guys from alot of people? if we can get them for cheap THEN YOU DO IT!! :( :rolleyes: :yes: :yes:
you asked about tyson and eddy....Jamal is the one who is most likely to be traded. I was merely answering your post.

As for the trades? LOL This community does that and has done that for years. We covet what we don't have! :D I mean since the break up it helps pass the time. It is up to you if you want to take them seriously or not. The poster sometimes is serious, sometimes it merely for talking purposes.

Eddy and Tyson are not going anywhere unless a once in a lifetime trade happens.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
would Tyson and Eddy get max offers in the open market?
C'mon, give us a hard one. Given that few teams are ever in a position to offer max contracts, why on earth would you offer Tyson or Eddy the max based on what we've seen?

Tyson needs to get healthy and stay that way.

Eddy needs to get religion about what it takes to excel in the league.

Until these things happen, the word "max contract" and "Tyson" or "Eddy" should not appear in the same sentence unless preceded by the word "NOT."

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

you asked about tyson and eddy....Jamal is the one who is most likely to be traded. I was merely answering your post.

As for the trades? LOL This community does that and has done that for years. We covet what we don't have! :D I mean since the break up it helps pass the time. It is up to you if you want to take them seriously or not. The poster sometimes is serious, sometimes it merely for talking purposes.

Eddy and Tyson are not going anywhere unless a once in a lifetime trade happens.
i agree, i wasnt copping an attitute, im just intense like that! like whoa!! :grinning:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Will Tyson and Eddy get Max offers in the open market? i think NOT

Originally posted by <b>transplant</b>!

C'mon, give us a hard one. Given that few teams are ever in a position to offer max contracts, why on earth would you offer Tyson or Eddy the max based on what we've seen?

Tyson needs to get healthy and stay that way.

Eddy needs to get religion about what it takes to excel in the league.

Until these things happen, the word "max contract" and "Tyson" or "Eddy" should not appear in the same sentence unless preceded by the word "NOT."
i agree.. which is why in the title added "i think NOT" ;)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

And why is this? I think that some Bulls fans are being a little delusional with the open market value for these guys, neither one has a ton of value and you will not see a lot of big offers for them. Chandler would if he were healthy, he will be a very good player if he can stay healthy, so I would agree with your statement if the kid's back can get much, much better

but Puhleaze!! Curry?? He is nothing but a big stiff, a guy who doesn't work hard and puts in a half-assed effort. He is, like another poster said, a perfect combo of the Cowardly Lion and the Tin Man. Bulls fans who think Curry is their future need to pull their heads out of the sand.

On a positive note, I am EXTREMELY jealous that you got Hinrich. Going into the draft, I was hoping my team could trade up and get him. You got arguably one of the top 5 players in the entire draft, congrats.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by <b>PatBateman</b>!

And why is this? I think that some Bulls fans are being a little delusional with the open market value for these guys, neither one has a ton of value and you will not see a lot of big offers for them. Chandler would if he were healthy, he will be a very good player if he can stay healthy, so I would agree with your statement if the kid's back can get much, much better

but Puhleaze!! Curry?? He is nothing but a big stiff, a guy who doesn't work hard and puts in a half-assed effort. He is, like another poster said, a perfect combo of the Cowardly Lion and the Tin Man. Bulls fans who think Curry is their future need to pull their heads out of the sand.

On a positive note, I am EXTREMELY jealous that you got Hinrich. Going into the draft, I was hoping my team could trade up and get him. You got arguably one of the top 5 players in the entire draft, congrats.

its just a fact, get that through your head,. Pax has said it himself.
dont take the fact that they're almost untouchable as an insult to your intellegence because nothing can change the fact that it would take alot to pry them away from us

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

its just a fact, get that through your head,. Pax has said it himself.
dont take the fact that they're almost untouchable as an insult to your intellegence because nothing can change the fact that it would take alot to pry them away from us
well, if that's true then I guess you guys are stuck with them. If Chandler gets healthy, that's a good thing. I don't think having Curry around will ever be good for the Bulls again, and really never was that good for them anyway, just because he showed signs of being able to play in the NBA last year.

Curry is pathetic

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I think it would take alot to pry them away, more because of the team situation then the potential and talent. They have not done much positive in the league yet. But the situation the Bulls are in, they can give them the time to blossom.

Lets just say that the Bulls were in the lead for their division. And Nash called and offered Rasheed Wallace for Chandler or Curry and Davis. Do you think they would be untouchable then?

-Petey

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
LOL before they start thinking max,

Tyson needs to put on a uniform and actually play a game.

Ed curry needs to snap out of hybernation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts