Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Will Utah Pick Dan Dickau

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  dirty bruce 
#1 ·
Stockton Is Dickau's Mentor....Its Perfect

#2 ·
welll another white boy with no game but nah dickau is pretty good but since he went to such a cheap school and really carried them that program will really excel and so will he . but after him they really need a black point guard utuah is a white team dats why they have no passion.

#4 ·
Originally posted by broshrddg
It would be cool if the Jazz choose Jiri Welsch.
I've only seen like one write up on Jiri, what can you tell me about him? Would he fit in with the great fundamentals type of game that the Jazz always play?

BTW, welcome! :)

#5 ·
not if the knicks are smart they have the higher second round pick then the jazz and dickau is really the the steal of the draft many ppl will forget about him and the knicks will pick him. WHen was the last time they had a white pooint guard . forget that when was the last time they had a black player. actually starting.

#6 ·
Originally posted by lakers1
not if the knicks are smart they have the higher second round pick then the jazz and dickau is really the the steal of the draft many ppl will forget about him and the knicks will pick him. WHen was the last time they had a white pooint guard . forget that when was the last time they had a black player. actually starting.
I really don't understand what you are trying to convey here, lakers1.... when was the last time the Jazz had a black starting player?
When is the last time the Knicks had a white point guard??

What does black, white, brown, or yellow have to do with the draft ???? They draft all color of players based on their SKILLS and potential!

The last I checked, the league is 80% black and I don't think any GM drafts any player because of their color -
I think they draft them for their SKILL LEVEL & THEIR POTENTIAL.

#7 ·
From previous ESPN Insiders

Q: Jiri Welsch to the Hornets?!? Are you crazy? Who the hell is Jiri Welsch? That's a joke right? -- Wilson, Atlanta

FORD: Welsch is the real deal. He just spent the last few days in Phoenix working out for the Rockets, Suns, Jazz and Raptors. He's got workouts scheduled with the Bucks, Pacers, Hornets and Blazers in late June. There's a lot of interest. He's a 6-foot-6 combo guard who can shoot the ball and has above average athleticism. Think Brent Barry with better handles. He's tough and has a lot of experience playing on a great team in Europe. He has no contract issues to speak of and he's a great kid. He may not even be around when the Hornets pick at No. 17, but if he is, he fills a need. The Hornets really need someone to take the pressure of Baron Davis to play the entire game. Welsch, because of his experience, can play right away. Check back Friday for a more in-depth interview I did with Welsch.
NBA Draft: Jiri Welsch continues to get rave reviews

Jiri Welsch's first trip to America consisted of a week living in gyms and and a hotel in Phoenix. Still, he was impressed.

"It is very beautiful here," Welsch told Insider in an exclusive interview. "I'm just happy to finally realize my dream."

So are a number on NBA teams. After a string of four impressive workouts, league sources say Welsch probably won't be around when the Suns draft at No. 22. In the last week he worked out for the Rockets, Jazz, Suns and Raptors. All four teams raved about his workout.

Welsch is a 6-foot-6 combo guard with above-average athleticism and a sweet shooting touch. But it's his ability to handle the ball and run a team from the point that has NBA scouts drooling.

"He's the real deal," one league executive who has scouted Welsch told Insider. "He's real tough and a great defender. He's got long arms and loves to attack the basket. He's very mature. He's played at a high level for a few years, so he should be able to step in and contribute immediately."

Welsch said he's even more versatile than that, comparing his game to Sonics guard Brent Barry. "I'm very much a shooting guard, who can play a little bit to the point guard spot and a little bit at also three. So, I think I can handle three positions in the NBA."

Still, Welsch knows that playing in the NBA will be an adjustment. When the Suns asked him to start shooting threes -- NBA threes -- he knew he was in a little bit of trouble.

"There was a little problem," Welsch told Insider. "I've never practiced shooting NBA threes. It's very far. I did not shoot so well in my first few workouts. But by Tuesday I was starting to nail them."

Welsch also said he understands that he'll have to add more strength and quickness to his game, but he's already comfortable playing against NBA-caliber players. In the past few years he's played against Pau Gasol, Tony Parker, Dirk Nowitzki and Kenyon Martin. He's not intimidated.

"I like to compete," he said. "Playing in the NBA lets you compete with the best players in the world. They are incredible players, but that doesn't mean I'll back down."

Welsch returned Thursday to Slovenia to finish the season for his team, Union Olimpija. At the end of the season Welsch is a free agent, meaning he'll have nothing encumbering him from joining the team that drafts him next season. He'll return to the U.S. in mid-June to complete workouts with the Bucks, Pacers, Hornets and Blazers.

#9 ·
Originally posted by broshrddg
Thanks for the welcome TheRifleman!
And Thank you for a great run down on this kid! He sounds like the real deal and at 6'6", he is a great size for any of the 3 positions he said he could play.

With those glowing reports, I wonder who will get him. Draft night is going to be quite exciting this year. :yes:

I hope you'll keep coming here - as this is a great place to talk nothing BUT hoops!

#10 ·
Originally posted by lakers1
welll another white boy with no game but nah dickau is pretty good but since he went to such a cheap school and really carried them that program will really excel and so will he . but after him they really need a black point guard utuah is a white team dats why they have no passion.
What a dumb thing to say

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.