Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of now, he's arguably behind a handful of people (statistically anyways), including Dwyane Wade, Allen Iverson (who are the probable starters), Paul Pierce, Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd, and possibly even Ricky Davis. Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I think he'll still get voted as a starter.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I don't think he'll even make it as a reserve. Too many other guards doing better.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
its a fans vote dude. ppl still wanna see his highlight dunks.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
He's listed as a guard now, it's much harder for him to make it. Before he was listed as a forward in a forward-depleted east, and therefore made it easily.

However, I still think he has a good shot at starting regardless, and it's still early in the season.... he might even get selected by the coaches.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with most when they say he's going to start, that's a very large possibility, but think about this; the biggest competition he's really had lately at the forward spot is Jermaine O'Neal, now he has Dwyane Wade and Allen Iverson who both are bound to recieve a lot of votes. If he doesn't start, I'm not sure he makes it.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Vince statistcally has not been on All-Star level, however it's still early in the season we don't know when vince will go off or not, he might not, who knows, the thing is, vince is playing bad and he's still averaging 20 points per game on 44% shooting. When he goes off, his numbers will improve a lot!, hopefully hell do that before the All-star game, theres still almost 3 months to it. Plus he is still arguably the best dunker today. His highlights will give the All-star game some taste to it. It's true that it will be a lot harder for him since, Iverson and wade are tought to beat. But popularity wise, i think vince will start instead of wade.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Tobias said:
The same Vince Carter that beat out Jordan in All-Star votes by sitting on the bench the entire season?
Wasn't Jordan listed as a guard? As a Raptor, Carter has always been listed as a SF / F.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Ras said:
I agree with most when they say he's going to start, that's a very large possibility, but think about this; the biggest competition he's really had lately at the forward spot is Jermaine O'Neal, now he has Dwyane Wade and Allen Iverson who both are bound to recieve a lot of votes. If he doesn't start, I'm not sure he makes it.
Nets only have 2 games on national tv (one was just played verus the Suns, the other is on December 13th), Heat have I think 13 before the break. Plus the lose of some Canadian votes, I think Wade has a shot to beat out Carter.

In fact I betted Air Fly on it. If I lose, I have to rock an exclusive Carter avatar for a year, if he loses, he's rocking a KG avatar for the year! :)

Should be fun!

Everyone vote for Wade!

j/k.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Petey said:
Nets only have 2 games on national tv (one was just played verus the Suns, the other is on December 13th), Heat have I think 13 before the break. Plus the lose of some Canadian votes, I think Wade has a shot to beat out Carter.

In fact I betted Air Fly on it. If I lose, I have to rock an exclusive Carter avatar for a year, if he loses, he's rocking a KG avatar for the year! :)

Should be fun!

Everyone vote for Wade!

j/k.

-Petey

it'll be funny to see you rocking a Carter avatar, bUt your right, i think the National TV element plays a big role, but i am still convinced vc will make it as a starter. Maybe hell do between the legs in a game, that will help his chances :banana:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I think he will be voted as a starter.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Petey said:

Should be fun!

Everyone vote for Wade!

j/k.

-Petey

And like I said before how many games did the raps have on tv in the last 3 or 4 years

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Hbwoy said:
And like I said before how many games did the raps have on tv in the last 3 or 4 years
I don't have that data, I'd assume you know more upon that then I do, but I can't imagine having much less than the 2 the Nets have before the break. AND when Carter and the Raptors were in the playoffs, I'd imagine the numbers much loser to the Heat's 13, than the Nets 2.

-Petey

·
Banned
66 Posts
Vince does not deserve to be and All Star. But will not be suprised if he starts as usual. But if it depended on deserving it, he will no doubt not be there.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
PlatnumStyle said:
Vince does not deserve to be and All Star. But will not be suprised if he starts as usual. But if it depended on deserving it, he will no doubt not be there.
i agree. too many vince fans, almost as bad as yao ming starting in the game.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
sherako said:
i agree. too many vince fans, almost as bad as yao ming starting in the game.
I don't agree Yao is great but I voted for Yao simply because I really don't know who else I want to vote for. lol Center selection is definitely a lot less competitive. :clap:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts