Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
God
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will we make the playoffs this season ?? We have 19 games left, 10 at home, 9 away. We have 32 wins currently, and i see 42 wins qualify for a playoff spot. Boston last year made it with 36 wins, but this year i think 42 is the mark.

The games:

vs LA Lakers WIN
vs New Jersey WIN
at New Jersey LOSS
vs San Antonio LOSS
at Detroit LOSS
at Chicago WIN
at Milwaukee WIN
vs Miami LOSS
at Washington WIN
at New York LOSS
vs Cleveland LOSS
vs Washington WIN
vs New York WIN
at Toronto WIN
vs New Jersey WIN
vs Philadelphia WIN
at Miami LOSS
at Orlando LOSS
vs Chicago WIN

IMO i think thats how the rest of the season will go. The two massive games of the 19 are the vs. Philly, which i think we'll win, and that will clitch our playoff spot, and the loss to Orlando, which won't mean much at the time. I have us winning 43 games this season and that is how we're going to do it.

Thoughts?

I think we'll be the 7th seed.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
With the way Orlando and Philadelphia have been struggling, I think 40 wins will be enough to get us in. We have a tough road trip coming up, so we have to win as many of those home games as we can.

vs LA Lakers WIN
vs New Jersey WIN
at New Jersey LOSS
vs San Antonio LOSS
at Detroit LOSS
at Chicago WIN
at Milwaukee WIN
vs Miami LOSS
at Washington LOSS
at New York LOSS
vs Cleveland LOSS
vs Washington WIN
vs New York WIN
at Toronto LOSS
vs New Jersey WIN
vs Philadelphia WIN
at Miami LOSS
at Orlando WIN
vs Chicago WIN

I got us at 42-40.

·
God
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think theres any way of us missing the 7th seed with your outcomes, because you got us winning 42 games, plus got us beating both Philly and Orlando.

I guess one thing we both can agree on is, it will be a massive downfall if we don't make it. It's pretty easy for Indiana from now on til the end of the season, even without O'Neal, they should be respectable.

·
King George
11,475 Posts
We can esily go 10-9 in the next 19 games, but we can also easily go 5-14 in the next 19 games. Part of me thinks that we will make the playoffs because Reggie will step it up and start scoring 25 a night, and the other part of me thinks that we will just fall short of making them by a few games.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
vs LA Lakers Loss
vs New Jersey WIN
at New Jersey LOSS
vs San Antonio LOSS
at Detroit Win
at Chicago Loss
at Milwaukee WIN
vs Miami Win
at Washington LOSS
at New York Win
vs Cleveland LOSS
vs Washington Loss
vs New York WIN
at Toronto Win
vs New Jersey WIN
vs Philadelphia Loss
at Miami LOSS
at Orlando WIN
vs Chicago WIN

Record- 10-9 I think if we maintain .500 or above, we should make the playoffs

Final Record- 42-40 (7th seed, Detroit in the first round)

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
StephenJackson said:
I think those predictions are pretty accurate. I would love to get 7th and face detroit first round......even if we lose...I want that battle.
Yeah, I'd want it if it meant only winning one game or even losing a close one.

·
God
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
StephenJackson said:
I think those predictions are pretty accurate. I would love to get 7th and face detroit first round......even if we lose...I want that battle.
Can you somehow imagine facing Detriot without O'Neal or Artest and somehow winning ??? Talk about miracles.... like my sig says, First Rule of Basketball is Believe - From Hooisers.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
MillerTime said:
Can you somehow imagine facing Detriot without O'Neal or Artest and somehow winning ??? Talk about miracles.... like my sig says, First Rule of Basketball is Believe - From Hooisers.
Hey man, after watching that Lakers game last night, I think this team can win a series against anyone if we just play smart ball. DD is so much more of a big impact on our games than he gets credit for. I say bring on the Pistons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts