Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Will we see Hunter's emergence vs K-Mart?

Having Vinny suspended indefinitely and facing the Nets on Sunday, I think we don't have a PF who can guard K-Mart. Will this be a chance for Brandon Hunter to show how good he defenses and rebounds the ball? I don't see Mihm, Blount, and our "greatest player" Waltah can defend K-Mart.

I think it is his chance. If he can limit K-Mart from alley-oop dunks, and offensive rebounds, he'll get his deserved minutes. I really hope he gets better defensively, he looks sometimes confused on the defensive end, but it's OK since it's only his first few games on his NBA career.

I LOVE HUNTAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
As much as I like Hunter, he's not ready for KMart. I mean, Brandon has about twelve minutes of total NBA game experience. If he covers KMart, he won't be physically intimidated, but he will be overmatched.

I think Obie may have to put Blount on KMart and the other big man (hopefully Mihm) on Jason Collins.

But you never know what Obie will do-- he might play McCarty for 48 minutes or he might go with Ricky Davis at the 4, as he did in the 4th quarter against the Wizards. In that event, Pierce or Welsch would probably have to guard KMart.

If I were coaching the game, I would use Hunter to cover Rodney Rodgers and/or Aaron Williams when one of those two comes in.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I agree with BJ. Hunter is not ready for Martin but I would like to see him get a few minutes! I also hope we see Perkins on the floor tonight!
And lets just say I wouldnt be exactly sad if for example someone named Stewart or McCarty would get injured...:devil:

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
I think we're going to be seeing a lot of Hunter from here on out. Though with Obie sometimes, you never know. Perhaps we'll have a Perkins sighting or two in the near future as well.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Hmm, I get OB now...it took JR Bremer half a year to get to play for this team after being a "late pick" (actually non pick), now Hunter after half a year gets a chance to play because we can't rebound....Danny needs to load up on 2nd round picks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts