Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washington Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos has been kidnapped outside his home in Venezuela.

Ramos' Venezuelan team, Tigres de Aragua, confirmed the kidnapping on its official team Twitter account.

According to a report by El Nacional, four gunmen approached Ramos and took him away. Ramos was taken away in a green car, according to another report by El Universal.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7214102/washington-nationals-wilson-ramos-kidnapped-home-venezuela

wow..i really hope this doesnt turn out worst then it already is

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
It happens on occasion in all of the Latin American countries. It was a Venezuelan who pitched for Baltimore a year or two ago if I recall correctly. Kidnapping is a major industry in Mexico and anyone who have even a little money is in danger of it.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
It really isn't that simple if you are a ballplayer. The Venezuelan Winter league is extremely important for the development of younger players. Now a lot of the other Winter Leagues have become more important, but Venezuela has one of the top leagues. You have a lot of Major league coaches managing in these leagues to gain experience and a lot of young guys like Ramos go to these leagues to work on their skills. I doubt that there are many American born players down there recently, but it used to be standard procedure for young MLB players to go down there in the winter, most particularly because you aren't getting many AB's or innings pitched in the Show.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts