Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this rate, the 8th seed is our most likely playoffs spot and we would go against the Heat. I'm not a fan of that matchup. These last 2 wins has been great, almost as nice as the win vs. the Pistons, but I still want a better pick, which means no playoffs.

You guys?

-Petey

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm pretty much with you. I'd rather have a better pick than match up with the Heat. Because whenever I think of the Heat... all that comes to my mind is a sweep and I don't want that.

But than again.. I want to make playoffs.... it's conflicting.... but when the word sweep enters the mind, I want to forget about it.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TataFry said:
I'm pretty much with you. I'd rather have a better pick than match up with the Heat. Because whenever I think of the Heat... all that comes to my mind is a sweep and I don't want that.

But than again.. I want to make playoffs.... it's conflicting.... but when the word sweep enters the mind, I want to forget about it.
I know, and I worry about RJ doing too much too early, and hurting himself for next season.

Shaq and Haslem are BIG and physical. Slap down the wrong way, and what happens to RJ?

-Petey

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
There will be very little difference bewteen our pick if whether we make the playoffs or not. Plus, I think with Kidd + Carter(+ maybe RJ), we could actually do some damage in the playoffs.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NJ Grand NJ said:
There will be very little difference bewteen our pick if whether we make the playoffs or not. Plus, I think with Kidd + Carter(+ maybe RJ), we could actually do some damage in the playoffs.
There could be a very large difference.

As a few of the West teams out of the races will have better records than what would be the 9th seed in the East.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cpawfan said:
a minimum of 4 playoff games would be good for Krstic, especially if they are against Shaq
Whose to say Shaq doesn't get some 'special treatment' and Krstic doesn't get much time on the floor?

I think it's a big risk.

-Petey

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
this yrs draft is not to strong and experince in playoffs is priceless....i would rather go to postseason and u never no what could happen and rember rj will be bak... besides trading in the off season for sar or marshell is more 4 us this yr

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Considering its between the 14th pick in the draft and the 11th, I say we go for it.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Well think of it this way, If we are trying to get free agents for next to nothing a playoff showing would make the nets a more attractive destination for a player looking for more "W"s than dollars. It cant hurt to also have VC back on the biggest stage, playing with heart and hopefully getting some fans back. All in we can't lose either way

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DownUnderWonder said:
Well think of it this way, If we are trying to get free agents for next to nothing a playoff showing would make the nets a more attractive destination for a player looking for more "W"s than dollars. It cant hurt to also have VC back on the biggest stage, playing with heart and hopefully getting some fans back. All in we can't lose either way
2 new and excellent points.

-Petey

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
Petey said:
Whose to say Shaq doesn't get some 'special treatment' and Krstic doesn't get much time on the floor?

I think it's a big risk.

-Petey
Shaq will definitely get special treatment, but that too is something Krstic needs to learn how to deal with. There's no such thing as bad playoff experience.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
Well I think the best thing is Get a high pick and get ready for next season, But I think its not the pick you have is what you pick, And sometimes, Make the playoffs and Pick well is the key , Also make the playoffs help to bring FA

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
kdub said:
all i'm thinking is playoffs baby!
I second all those who are in favor of the playoffs.
This makes the team a winner, and a likely destination for FA's.
Valuable playoff experience to all the new guys, expecially Krstic.
And add to that, a few more revenues to spend this summer (to pay fo Stefanski's travel expenses). :biggrin:

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
faNETicS said:
I second all those who are in favor of the playoffs.
This makes the team a winner, and a likely destination for FA's.
Valuable playoff experience to all the new guys, expecially Krstic.
And add to that, a few more revenues to spend this summer (to pay fo Stefanski's travel expenses). :biggrin:
I cosign on that one. **** losing. I want to win.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
hey, i'm pretty sure there's almost no statistical difference between the chances of our getting the 8th or the 7th seed. and keep in mind we just gained a game on the 6th seed!

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
lukewarmplay said:
hey, i'm pretty sure there's almost no statistical difference between the chances of our getting the 8th or the 7th seed. and keep in mind we just gained a game on the 6th seed!
Any gain is great at this point. Besides, it's just nice seeing the other teams lose, with the growing hope that the Nets will keep on winning. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts