Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Win the Championship without any SuperStars or HOF.

-1979 Seattle Supersonics

only team in the NBA history?

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If Bucks can do it this season, then ......

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Sorry to interupt but I don't think the Bucks have a chance in the playoffs. I love what they are doing but they would get stomped in the finals and it would be quite sad. Like watching Rudy finally play in the big game at Notre Dame only to be injured and given a concussion. :( :D

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
If Bucks can do it this season, then ......
It would be a great story, but I dont see it happening. Great thing about the playoffs though, anything can happen.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

It would be a great story, but I dont see it happening. Great thing about the playoffs though, anything can happen.
Hey they have Tony K, he's been to the big show before... He'll lead em there!

Anything is possable... it'll be great for them to make a playoff run. It'd give the nation a chance to watch some good non-kobe non-tmac non-shaq non-duncan etc. basketball.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
Sorry to interupt but I don't think the Bucks have a chance in the playoffs. I love what they are doing but they would get stomped in the finals and it would be quite sad. Like watching Rudy finally play in the big game at Notre Dame only to be injured and given a concussion. :( :D
hey kabi, but if the playoffs were today the bucks would be 4th seed they are tied with new orleans atm 25-19. Thats a pretty damn good record for a team with no all-star.

so they'd be facing, new orleans in the playoffs in the first round. Which would be quite a series, if mashburn were injured again. You're kind of right though, once they will make the playoffs, teams like new jersy are 6th seed. thats tuff.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts

Didn't Lenny WIlkens play on that team? He's in the HOF I think. Was Sikma on that team too? He might be in the Hall too (I'm not sure.... that was long ago and I don't necessarily follow the Sonics)

Nope, I was wrong, you were correct Ballscientist. Wilkens was the coach. Main cogs were Dennis Johnson (who probably should be in the HOF, and very well might be soon), Jack Sikma, Paul Silas, and Downtown Freddie Brown.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Here's a roster:

PG-Sam Cassell
SG-Mike Redd
SF-Rashard Lewis
PF-Pj Brown
C-Kurt Thomas

reserves:
G-Bobby Jackson
G-Earl Boykins
G-Eric Snow
F-Eddy Najera
F-Bo Outlaw
F-Al Harrington
C-Dan Gadsuric
C-Loren Woods

Coach- Gregg Popovich

Combined all-star appearances: 0

they'd make the finals in the east

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
IMO the Bucks have an all-star and his name is Michael Redd. To those people that said the Bucks couldn't in the playoffs I would like to know your reasons. They have done pretty good against the top teams. Heck if we can win in the playoffs when we had Allen,Robinson,and Cassell we can do it now.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
it's harder in the nba to pull off a mjaor upset in the second and third rounds cause you have to win four games. in football it's easier to have upsets cause it is one game and a loser team could get lucky and win. THe bucks will make the playoffs then get smoked in the first round.

·
Registered
435 Posts

i would have to say 1998-1999 san antonio spurs won the title without any superstar or hof

duncan back then was just a second year player showning signs of emergence as a superstar but wasnt quite there yet and the admiral was near the end of his career, more of a star than a superstar, david robinson was a superstar in early and mid nineties and duncan is a superstar now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts