Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHO SHOULD BE TRADED AND FOR WHOM.. smart trades here people... not lop sided trades...

Steve Logan - PG
Gilbert Arenas - PG/SG
Bob Sura - PG/SG
Jason Richardson - SG
Jiri Welsch- PG/SG/SF
Mike Dunleavy- SF
Troy Murphy - PF/C
Adonal Foyle - PF/C
Eric Dampier - C
Danny Fortson - PF

Chris Mills - FA (free agent)
Cedric Henderson - FA
Mookie Blaylock - FA
Dean Oliver - FA

I really doubt the W's are going resign any of these free agents... and I hope they don't...

Who should we trade? for whom? Why? REALISTIC TRADE SCENARIOS HERE PEOPLE, NOT PIPE DREAM TRADES OR LOP SIDED TRADES..!

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
first of all i dont trade richardson and dunleavy.that leaves a list that includes;
jamison
murphy
welsch
fortson
sura
second dont make a deal to just make a deal,if you can bring in an andre miller then package some of those guys i listed and do it.they have to look at this as a 3 or 4 year process,dont panic.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HMM...

JAMISON MAX PLAYER= HARD TO MOVE= TWEENER
MURPHY = GS IS NOT READY TO GIVE UP ON THIS KID YET, ONLY 1 YEAR UNDER HIS BELT..
FORTSON= PLEASE SOME, PLEASE TRADE FOR THIS GUY.
SURA= HAS SOME TRADE VALUE DUE TO REVIVED PLAY FROM LAST YEAR, BUT BAD BACK COULD HINDER TRADE VALUE..
JIRI- SINCE WE GAVE UP A LOT TO GET THIS GUY.. I JUST DON'T WANT TO TRADE THIS GUY... REMEMBER TO PHILLY, A FIRST ROUNDER, AND ANOTHER FUTURE FIRST OR SECOND.. CAN'T WASTE THIS GUY ON A TRADE

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'd love the Warriors to work a 3 way trade that'll send Jamison, Welsch, & a conditional (top 5 pick protected) 1st rounder to the Cavs; the Cavs sending Miller to the Clips, and the Clips sending Wilcox & a salary player to the Warriors. This will never happen considering the 3 teams I listed happen to be the 3 worst managed teams in the league.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I DUNNO IF THIS WOULD WORK SALARY WISE...

JAMISON IS A MAX PLAYER, EVEN THOUGH THE SALARY CAP WENT DOWN, AND HE'LL ONLY MAKE 70-80 MIL INSTEAD OF THE 100 MIL THEY THOUGHT HE WOULD MAKE?

BESIDES I WOULD RATHER GET RID OF FORTSON AND DAMPIER, FIRST THAN TWEENER TWAN..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: I DUNNO IF THIS WOULD WORK SALARY WISE...

Originally posted by NISMO
JAMISON IS A MAX PLAYER, EVEN THOUGH THE SALARY CAP WENT DOWN, AND HE'LL ONLY MAKE 70-80 MIL INSTEAD OF THE 100 MIL THEY THOUGHT HE WOULD MAKE?

BESIDES I WOULD RATHER GET RID OF FORTSON AND DAMPIER, FIRST THAN TWEENER TWAN..
If the Cavs were to sign Miller, he'd most likely be close to the max. It's just the Clippers who don't have a huge salary player. But the fact that Jamison is a tweener is why I want to trade him for a young PF.

Dampier is will finish his contract with the Warriors. This big goof has a huge contract, and by the way he plays, the Warriors would be lucky if a team were to grab him. But for sure, Fortson needs to be moved, and right now, I don't care what we get in return so long as we're not stuck with another big contract after this coming season.

·
Registered
268 Posts
trade all these guys;

Fortson
Damp
Sura
Mills-I dont think he's a free agent yet.

I dont care who we get in return as long as they are in the last year of their deal. We are going all rookie team this year anyway, so clear as much cap space as possible for a run at J-Kidd or another SUPERSTAR next summer.

That would be sweet.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TRUE THAT.. FURY29

We might as well go with the clippers footsteps.. and see where it takes us... we might not win as much but makes it more exciting.. and just take a chance at a good free agent next year,.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by fury29
trade all these guys;

Fortson
Damp
Sura
Mills-I dont think he's a free agent yet.

I dont care who we get in return as long as they are in the last year of their deal. We are going all rookie team this year anyway, so clear as much cap space as possible for a run at J-Kidd or another SUPERSTAR next summer.

That would be sweet.
Sura & Mills are both in the last years of their contracts, so they are what you want. They are a combined $11.5 million. Plenty for Kidd.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sounds good. You think Kidd would go for it? I don't think Arenas would mind learning behind the grand master of the dish..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by fury29
Sounds good. You think Kidd would go for it? I don't think Arenas would mind learning behind the grand master of the dish..
Kidd better sign for $11.5 million, but my guess is that he'd take less than that.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HEY JASON CAFFIENE

WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT DUNLEAVY'S GAME? I MEAN YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ONE REALY NBA FROM THIS KID YET, YET YOU KEEP ON INSISTING THE W'S SHOULD TRADE THIS KID.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IT WAS USED TO GET YOUR ATTENTION "thats all"

It was used just to get your attention "THAT'S ALL"

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Originally posted by mindnsoul

Sura & Mills are both in the last years of their contracts, so they are what you want. They are a combined $11.5 million. Plenty for Kidd.
I'm pretty sure that Bobby Sura has TWO years left on his contract, not ONE. $5.5 mil next season, then $6.2 mil in 2003-04.

Somebody around here suggested that the Warriors could trade Danny Fortson to the Lake Show for two guys whose contracts are up after next season, Tracy Murray and Samaki Walker. Well, the Lake Show is NOT going to trade for four more years of Danny Fortson--take a look at how much Shaq's contract is going to balloon over the next few seasons, and you'll understand why. Jerry Buss wants to win, but he isn't interested in a $70 mil payroll.

HOWEVER, I think the Lake Show could use two years of Bobby Sura in exchange for those same two dudes, Murray and Walker. He could do for the Lake Show what Brian Shaw used to do. And he'd be off the books in a couple of seasons, which is probably about when the Lake Show's run will be coming to an end.

ALSO: You want to get rid of Sura's contract to free up as much PT for Arenas, Logan, Richardson, and Welsch. NOT so you can sign Jason Kidd. Jason Kidd is NOT going to sign with the Warriors, people!

·
Registered
268 Posts
C'mon Caffiene man,

You are just going to have to accept that we have the D Jr. There is nothing that you can do now. You must now join the ranks of the enthusiastic W's followers who are willing to blindly walk into the new arena with a WINNING attitude.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
G.S. and MEMPHIS

How about a trade with memphis that sends dunleavy Jr. and Danny Fortson to the grizz for Mike Dickerson, Stro Swift, and Brevin Knight. I'm almost positive the money won't work so G.S. includes cash in the deal or throws in Logan......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts