Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Retired
17,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/clippers/la-sp-cliprep2apr02,1,7502542.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-clippe

The playoffs are around the corner, so Coach Mike Dunleavy has decided to proceed cautiously with swingman Quinton Ross.
"Any time you have a player who is on limited minutes, you try to protect him for those games where you feel you're really going to need him the most," Dunleavy said. "He gives us a dimension that we don't have a whole lot of places."
"With Q right now, it comes down to picking and choosing," Dunleavy said. "We're trying to make the right decisions and guesses with the time we have him out there."

· Registered
3,913 Posts
Ahhh ... excuse me, but shouldn't Dunleavy be more focused on getting rest for Elton and Kaman since he FAILED to consider that earlier in the season? Using Singleton and Wilcox during the season to spare those guys instead of taking things personally certainly would be heping us now.

This guy slays me sometimes.

Last night's coaching job against the Kings was laughabe and should have embarrassed him as a coach. Pulling Corey although we have a winning record with him starting was sheer stupidity, IMO.

· Registered
4,566 Posts
yeah, i say he plays James n Mcarty....remainder of the season

n gives Elton some rest...Chris even...Sam especially

Q too, but he should give him enough minutes so his defensive skills dont diminish...

Damn who knows, we might need to to cover Tony Parker in the playoffs :cheers:

· Registered
730 Posts
Dynasty Raider said:
Ahhh ... excuse me, but shouldn't Dunleavy be more focused on getting rest for Elton and Kaman since he FAILED to consider that earlier in the season?
Well, seeing as how both of those players don't have constant back problems, there probably isn't as much need to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.