Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay.. so the spurs pulled a "stupid" move? cuz i remember a while back TD stayed in san antonio because DRobinson asked him to stay for 3 more years.. and because antonio daniels was his "best friend" on the team. now with daniels gone, does this mean that spurs know TD is bouncing after next year? or does taht just pave room for jkidd to come? cuz kerr is done after this year and barkley's contract has a team option (i thinK) for a fourth year. so are they just clearing caproom to get jkidd??

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well, the Spurs dont need Kidd, and i kinda doubt they dealt out Daniels specifically for Kidd. The Spurs certainly now (that Daniels is gone) have enough to get Kidd, as long as they have Parker and Ginobilli, they wont need Kidd.

However, getting in a new big man probably is the Spurs main intention, no doubt someone young to favor Tim. Olowokandi is a great bet for San Antonio.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Olowokandi would be a very good addition for the Spurs after next year. The possibility of them going after some other big men like Jermaine O'neal and Elton Brand are possibilities as well. Still to early to tell though.

Regarding Jason Kidd, he will definitely be mentioned in the Spurs free agency plans next year, but him coming to San Antonio is still a question mark in my opinion. I'm sure the Spurs will look at the Kidd situation, but getting a big man, is probably the top priority. Before, I thought a Kidd/Duncan combo in San Antonio would be awesome, but again Tony Parker showed what he can do last year, so the Spurs could be set for years to come with the Parker/Ginobili backcourt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts