Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nba.com/games/20021014/WASPHI/boxscore.html

Kwame with yet another big game. Collins must have got on him about his rebounding, because he dominated the boards tonight. So far, Kwame has averaged 21 pts, 10 rebs in two games. Keep it up!

Larry and Juan also had a great game. When they get together, they cause alot of havoc with pass deflections and steals. Overall I really like that backcourt.

Etan and Haywood had subpar games. Haywood has been disappointing so far.

Free throw shooting was abysmal (20-35). Kwame missed 2 FT's to win the game, and blew it. However, he made up for it in OT.

Great game without Jordan and STack. I really like our young players so far.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Dixon just took things over to put the Wiz over the top in a sequence at the end. He was really clutch.

Kwame's playing tough. I liked the look of him as the center and Jeffries at PF. Two big fast multitalented guys up front. A little weak to match up against the bigger frontcourts, but very athletic.

Lue and Hughes are really battling for a job. Both of them are doing good things.

All in all, I'm pleasantly surprised. Add MJ and Stack and these guys might give the Nets Hornets, and Celts a run for their money.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Kwame Brown hasn't arrived yet but theses are the sort of flashes I expected and am very pleased with how he's developing, he will eventually become a star in the NBA aaaand prove he was worth that top pick ,alot of people were down on him coming into this year but I had confidence that he would play better once he settled down and got comfortable on the floor.

Juan Dixon what can I say about him alot of people are going to be wrong about Juan, he can flat out play ,he's intense and gives great effort every night, and Larry Hughes is starting to show flashes that he's going to have a break-out year this year. He played another solid all around game. Jefferies played much better tonight was more aggressive and showed great athleticism on some shot blocks.

I agree Mikedc I'm pleasantly surprised also at how well our young guys are playing and developing, and I suspect that they're just going to get better.

I've been very disappointed with the effort given so far from Brendan Haywood, the game I attended he seemed like he's disinterested out on the floor very aloof looking, he needs to light a fire under himself and get going or we'll have to play Thomas much more at center, Kwame's showing developement but Brenedan appears thus far that he hasn't taken the next step yet, Etan will be fine not bad for a first night coming off of an injury.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have to say I was totally against the Courtney for Juan trade and hope I am wrong. He looks like he is a gamer and totally not intimidated by anyone. All of the 'ballers' that I have met from Baltimore are just like that.

I would disagree and say that Etan had a typical Etan type game. He will be solid this year and time at center in the East will be good for him.

Kwame this year will be a lot of fun to watch.

Chemistry will be our issue early in the season with all of the games that will be missed by MJ.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I agree Northeast we will look sloppy early as we adapt MJ back into the line-up in the regular season, I actually believe he could be making a mistake by not playing in the preseason, he will lose some game conditioning by not playing and at his age when it comes time to dial his intensity up he could pull or strain something I think it'd be good for him to play in a few games play 20 minutes or so and then he can at least maintain his level of conditoning I hope all goes well and he's being smart by not playing but I look for him to struggle early as he tries to find his rhythm but after that with our added firepower and less minutes he should be fine.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jazzy1</b>!
I agree Northeast we will look sloppy early as we adapt MJ back into the line-up in the regular season, I actually believe he could be making a mistake by not playing in the preseason, he will lose some game conditioning by not playing and at his age when it comes time to dial his intensity up he could pull or strain something I think it'd be good for him to play in a few games play 20 minutes or so and then he can at least maintain his level of conditoning I hope all goes well and he's being smart by not playing but I look for him to struggle early as he tries to find his rhythm but after that with our added firepower and less minutes he should be fine.
By the way. I think Jordan will play before the pre-season is out. I think it is a case where last year they set the expectation high and suffered politically when MJ couldn't/shouldn't play. They are setting the expectation low for the fans but he will play before the pre-season is over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts