Wizards lineup???

2K views 36 replies 11 participants last post by  local_sportsfan 
Here is my shot.

PG: Hughes/Whitney or Lue/Dixon
SG: Hamilton/Jordan/Hughes/Dixon
SF: Jeffries/Simmons/Jordan
PF: Laettner/Brown/Thomas
C: White/Haywood/Thomas

That is a roster of 12 guys. I am assuming Whitney or Lue get traded. I am assuming Popeye Jones is not re-signed. I believe Hubert Davis may be traded as well. The Inactive List will consist of Grizzard, Davis, and Lue if there are no trades.

White is a situational starter. In some instances you will see White not play at all and Laettner will start at center, and possibly Thomas, with kwame starting at PF.

It is difficult to see Laettner getting left out of the rotation. The guy still can play, and he is smart. He got off to a rough start last year, but when he played well, the team played well. Unless he gets dealt, he will probably play, maybe to try and move him around the trade deadline.

Unless that better PG is a young almost all-star type of guy then expect the Wizards not to do anything that increases their cap room.

ALso, you can shelve the MJ trading himself talk. I can't think of a reason why it would ever happen.

Ok. Everyone knows how nice we can all be.

Would I give up Rip to grab Baron Davis? Yes.

Would I give up Rip to grab Andre Miller? Yes.

Would it take more than Rip to grab either player? Yes.

Would I give up Rip and Kwame to get either player? No.

MikeDC made it pretty evident that we would have that flair and a better player if we could do a Rip for Davis deal. He admitted it wasn't going to happen. It doesn't make sense to try and blast him for stating what is a fact, on both accounts. If he said he expected it to happen then I would lead the charge in questioning why. He didn't.

MJ tried to grab Miller in a deal last year before the draft that involved Rip for Andre. The Cavs didn't bite then, and as much as you might think they would do it now, they aren't unless we overpay in terms of talent.

I like Rip a lot. However, I also know the value of a SG in this league and the value of a top PG. If moving Rip and a few spare parts nets us Baron or Andre then go for it. BUt like MikeDC said, it isn't going to happen.

I don't believe the options Wes is pursuing has to do with players we hoarded. We have guys that don't fit with the direction the team is trying to take.

I also wouldn't hold your breath on the FA market for next year unless a lot of the guys that are restricted this year sign a one year deal.

Actually I think it is safe to say that Hubert Davis was part of the deal to remove Juwan Howard. I think that Whitney was a legacy player from before MJs remodeling. Laettner was resigned last year but we needed to have a big man. You may feel different and you are entitled to do so.

So out of what I consider players we are considering moving

Laettner
Jahidi
Hubert
Whitney
Lue

I think Lue is the only guy that even fits with where this team is headed, and he was signed on a 2 year deal as a stop gap.

Get back to me in 2k3 when we sign that big mysterious FA. I seriously doubt it is going to happen.

Let me just say that the history of the past 20 years carries a lot of momentum. Even if we do sign someone I would be mighty suspicious about it.

Ideally, I would love to see Andre, Baron, and Bibby all go this route. I would spend the max on the first two and a pretty penny on Bibby. I haven't really checked out the SFs becoming available next year, but I do know I would prefer one of the guys that is young and talented to one of the absolute stars. We just aren't ready for the star and I feel that if we acquired one, we would start a buildup and tradeoff of young guys to go for the immediate gratification. THe franchise just isn't ready.

The Wizards have a lot of length.

I almost expect them to run some more zone this year with decent effect, especially when MJ is in the game. The weakness of the zone, rebounding, is a Wizards strength.

Miles is has more to offer commercially. People want to see him play, especially with Nike hyping him. Kwame hasn't played better or been promoted at all yet. The Cavs got someone that can fill the seats. Kwame wasn't going to do that yet.

At the Phonebooth last year for the Clippers games there were a significant amount of fans wearing a Darius Miles Clipper's jersey.

I think like iverson a certain segment of the population will come see him play.

I am personally rarely ever drawn to an event based on the individual involved unless it is MJ.

Other than that I might pay to see Shaq once for the novelty. I am more interested in the team vs team aspect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.