Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
That is a great trade, cleveland gets the SF theyve been lacking and cleveland gets rid of Z, y u think they have 4 centers? Z is goin!

·
Registered
460 Posts
This is an actual possible trade that COULD happen. Cleveland fans think that they can talk down Z and then get a player like Reef, Redd, Shard, or Jamison and they can't. I'd think that the Cavs could get a first rounder out of the T-Wolves too or at the very least a second.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
LOL great avatar (sp) Franchise!

Man wally could really space the floor and help out in cleveland, BUT the guy cant play defense for a lick. He'd make us look terrrrible.

reckon the wizards would do Brendan Haywood and Jerry stack?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shazha</b>!
LOL great avatar (sp) Franchise!

Man wally could really space the floor and help out in cleveland, BUT the guy cant play defense for a lick. He'd make us look terrrrible.

reckon the wizards would do Brendan Haywood and Jerry stack?
OMG i cant believe i just said that. NO NO NO, we are not trading big Z. nooo way. Hes one of the only legit centers in the league that actually have basketball skills.

hes a keeper.......:yes:

get away all u evil traders :uhoh:

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Wally is not a Paul Silas type of player. And besides they've already got Jason Kapono who is in essence a poor man's szerbiak.

Maybe if Wally could D someone up and knock a guy on their *** every now and again the Cavs would do this. But I imagine if Wally did that then the Wolves wouldn't want to trade him as much.

I think the Cavs would want probably Jamison or Abdur-Rahim. Both of which are very reasonable aquisitions for a big man of Z's stature.

·
Registered
50 Posts
let me get this straight. you just said wally not playing defense would make the cavs look terrible. lol. theyre horrible already. wally can only make them better if he got traded for z.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Wally is not a Paul Silas type of player.
apparnetly, paul silas players are not going to win championships. wally is an all star when healthy. thats what people dont understand. he already was an all star. and in my eyes shoots the ball almost as good as peja. the trade would probably involve big z and kevin ollie to swap a couple of horrible contracts. it would probably end up something like this from a wolves stand point.

wolves trade:
wally szerbiak
michael olowokandi

cavs trade:
zydrunis illganskis
kevin ollie
carlos boozer

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Adding Boozer kills this deal. No way do the Cavs want Olowokandi and no way are they willing to trade Boozer. While I'm not a big fan of Wally (because of his contract). He is the type of player that the Cavs need to play the 3. However, Boozer is going nowhere.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sheefo13</b>!

apparnetly, paul silas players are not going to win championships. wally is an all star when healthy. thats what people dont understand. he already was an all star. and in my eyes shoots the ball almost as good as peja. the trade would probably involve big z and kevin ollie to swap a couple of horrible contracts. it would probably end up something like this from a wolves stand point.

wolves trade:
wally szerbiak
michael olowokandi

cavs trade:
zydrunis illganskis
kevin ollie
carlos boozer

U r deff. a Minny fan because you evidentLy haven'T realized Boozer is playing amazing lately and that trade is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE = with a capital and all caps H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>Richie Rich</b>!

U r deff. a Minny fan because you evidentLy haven'T realized Boozer is playing amazing lately and that trade is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE = with a capital and all caps H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

the reason he is in this deal is because he is good. and if the cavs want a 7 foot center and a great shooter, they need to give up something they praise, like the wolves praise wally and kandi!!

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
The Cavs would not trade Boozer under almost any circumstances. You say that Wally is an Allstar when healthy? He must not be healthy all that often. He's been an allstart the same number of times that Z has been. In addition he is horribly overpaid although I would love his shooting on the Cavs. However it really does boil down to if you mush have Boozer to do this deal then you can't do this deal because the Cavs will not trade him.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MavsFaN02</b>!
This is an actual possible trade that COULD happen. Cleveland fans think that they can talk down Z and then get a player like Reef, Redd, Shard, or Jamison and they can't. I'd think that the Cavs could get a first rounder out of the T-Wolves too or at the very least a second.
They won't get redd.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sheefo13</b>!

the reason he is in this deal is because he is good. and if the cavs want a 7 foot center and a great shooter, they need to give up something they praise, like the wolves praise wally and kandi!!
I have to agree with the others, no way Boozer gets thrown in. He is playing at just a step below All-Star level already. Cavs trade him they've got no decent PF and a oft-injured center in Kandi. Good big men are a precious commodity in today's NBA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts