Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still believe the Timberwolves should have drafted Richard Hamilton not Wally. First off Wally is not as fast as RIP and I think RIP would be able to defend real SG unlike Wally. They are equal shooters and have the same kind of clutch ability. Also RIP I believe would have gotten along with KG better than Wally got along with KG. Plus RIP would not want as big of contract either.

Yeah RIP is not a "allstar" but he could have fit with the Wolves really well in my view.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Ozzy,

I agree with you so much it isn't funny. But it's hard to look back and count all the what ifs and what could've beens, because none of them are refundable anywhere. Trust me, I've been asking why the Sixers drafted Shawn Bradley for the past ten years, but it's gotten me nowhere.

While Rip isn't an allstar now, I think if he stepped into Wally's role, and being a more team oriented player, he might've gotten the spot. And I think with the other intangibles that Richard brings to the table, would've helped the T-Wolves out of the first round eventually..

Again, I know it doesn't mean much..

This could've happened if Wally didn't decide to turn it on for that stretch in the NCAA tourney.

-Tim

·
Registered
450 Posts
same here, i agree, wally cant play defense, rip can and can shoot and prolly would get along with kg better. the twolves might get past the 1st round of the playoffs if they got rip.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rip would definitely contribute to the TWolves offense dramatically if u threw him in the mix with KG, Brandon, Billups, and company. If the TWolves had Rip instead of Wally, I dont know if they would still be playing a zone defense with Rip being a good one on one defender. But the TWolves still have Wally, and they should make an attempt to trade for a better defender and a unselfish player who can get the ball to KG when the game is on the line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts