Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on hoopshype just now...

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Just that Minnesota has spoken with Portland about dealing Kandiman. Add him along with Jerome James to the list of players I don't want to see in a Blazer uniform.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
SheedSoNasty said:
Found this on hoopshype just now...

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Just that Minnesota has spoken with Portland about dealing Kandiman. Add him along with Jerome James to the list of players I don't want to see in a Blazer uniform.
The only positive about getting Kandi is, iirc, his expiring contract.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
The Wolves are looking for scoring. What could they want from us?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I'm pretty sure Kandi is in his contract year and if it means getting rid of Ruben for him then I'm all for it, we can even cut him directly after the trade.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hap said:
The only positive about getting Kandi is, iirc, his expiring contract.
Ahh, I wasn't aware of that. Well, that changes things.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gambitnut said:
The Wolves are looking for scoring. What could they want from us?
Ruben Patterson thinks he's a scorer...

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Kandi is a headcase isint he?Besides that couldn't we maybe get him use him for a few games then kick him to the curb?or trade him to Denver.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Kandi has great numbers:

Michael Olowokandi 2005-06: $5,900,400, 2006-07: $0

With numbers like that, I'm all for trading Ruben for him. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
e_blazer1 said:
Kandi has great numbers:

Michael Olowokandi 2005-06: $5,900,400, 2006-07: $0

With numbers like that, I'm all for trading Ruben for him. :biggrin:
Co-Signed!

"Pull the trigger, Nash!" :cheers:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Zidane said:
Kandi is a headcase isint he?Besides that couldn't we maybe get him use him for a few games then kick him to the curve?or trade him to Denver.
im not sure nene would aprove :boxing: :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
candiman candiman candiman!

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Come on guys, think about it......what team is going to trade a previous number one pick for Ruben Patterson?.............think is a slam dunk.........well maybe a lay in, but come on!!!! :D

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
ebott said:
I would happily do any deal that sends out Patterson and gets us a big man. Kandi counts.
PLUS an expiring contract at that :D

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I'll admit I need refreshing, but as far as a headcase...I can't recall much beyond that he was basically a monumental flop on his lack of desire to work hard to show he deserved the #1 pick.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Schilly said:
I'll admit I need refreshing, but as far as a headcase...I can't recall much beyond that he was basically a monumental flop on his lack of desire to work hard to show he deserved the #1 pick.
He had to be detained by police (within the past year... I believe) with a taser at some night club. I could be wrong, as well... but I admit, I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment. :angel: Other than that, he's just had a completely lackluster career after entering the league with such high hopes. I don't think he's had any other legal problems, then again, I've never really paid too much attention to the guy after he'd proved in his first couple of years that he flat-out sucked (by #1 pick standards). I don't mean to belittle his career, as he's had some rather productive years in the past... just not what you'd normally expect to see from a #1 overall pick.

That said, if we could obtain him Ruben (by himself; i.e. no picks [beyond, maybe, a future 2nd rounder] or anything else included with him) it'd be an excellent trade, in my opinion. But, I don't think Minnseota would be willing to make that trade... but they might! :biggrin:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
BTW I think Ruben for Kandi basically makes the Kikcker obsolete as long as Ruben is willing to Waive as much of his kicker to make it work which in this case would I believe be all of it.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I am not a huge Kandi fan, but lets look at this...

Kandi Man; 30 years old, 25mpg, 8.2ppg, 5.7rpg, 1.3bpg, .43FG%

Joel Pryzbilla; 26 years old, 23.5mpg, 5ppg, 5.5rpg, 2.1bpg, .61FG%

Theo Ratliff; way to many years old, 23.1mpg, 3.1ppg, 6.4rpg, 1.8bpg, .52FG%

Kandi is no all star, but he is a above average scorer for a center. I think this team needs a guy at C who can play some offense and at times maby even demand a double team. This would free up room for Zach down low.

He is a underachiever, and a bum. But if any coach can get his head in the game, I think Nate is the guy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts