Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is nothing huge but what I read is that there might of been talk of Madsen being traded to Utah for ex-gopher/ Hopkins HS star to Minny. One reason I would do it is so we get younger and lose Madsen's huge contract.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
St.Paul Pioneer Press, but they say there is no speculation behind this trade. But it was brought up. I would do it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
We're not trading Madsen.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Madsen's contract is not that huge, it's just that it's very long. He'll get no more than $3 million per year until 2009/2010. I'm assuming Kevin McHale thought the Wolves would continue winning and so he thought signing a vital piece of the team to a long contract would be necessary....well, he was dead wrong.

I would trade Madsen for Humphries, perhaps Humphries could bring that nice jumpshot to MN and draw some people to the Target Center. Madsen is a good player, but outside of his hustle play, he doesn't bring much to the table.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Flanders said:
I'm assuming Kevin McHale thought the Wolves would continue winning and so he thought signing a vital piece of the team to a long contract would be necessary....well, he was dead wrong.
Huh? We just signed Madsen this summer, what has changed since then, other than us currently being #1 in the division?

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its only 9 games through the season though, 1st right now really means nothing... Especcially when the teams that should contend are not doing so hot thus far.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice new Avi though socco. Looks a lot like my old one though ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts