Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
On Wednesday he entered a no contest plea to the marijuana charge through his attorney, Doug Stringer. He did not admit guilt.
What's the friggin difference? :confused:

Ed O.?

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!

What's the friggin difference? :confused:

Ed O.?
exactly what I was thinking

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Basically what “No Contest” means is that, while you don't actually admit that you did anything wrong, you are pretty sure that with the evidence against you, you would be found guilty.

You still have to pay the full fine, but if the judge likes your story, s/he might bump the fine down a little bit.

If you plead straight up guilty, you don't tell your story to the judge, you just pay the fine and that's that. You won't get a refund back.

At least, this is how I understand it.

I had to learn about this crap when I got pulled over for really stupid reasons... They were stupid enough that I didn't have to pay a dime though.

I think the real reason the cop pulled me over is because he expected me to have drugs or alcohol in the car or something... (They spent about a half hour looking in the back of my car with their flashlights through the windows.) Lucky for me I’ve never touched the stuff, and I don’t allow it in my car.

It was still annoying...

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HearToTemptYou</b>!
Basically what “No Contest” means is that, while you don't actually admit that you did anything wrong, you are pretty sure that with the evidence against you, you would be found guilty.

If you plead straight up guilty, you don't tell your story to the judge, you just pay the fine and that's that. You won't get a refund back.
Hmmmmm.......hence, Ruben P.'s guilty (to whatever degree sexual assault) plea?

Makes sense.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HearToTemptYou</b>!

You still have to pay the full fine, but if the judge likes your story, s/he might bump the fine down a little bit.

At least, this is how I understand it.

I had to learn about this crap when I got pulled over for really stupid reasons... They were stupid enough that I didn't have to pay a dime though.

I think the real reason the cop pulled me over is because he expected me to have drugs or alcohol in the car or something... (They spent about a half hour looking in the back of my car with their flashlights through the windows.) Lucky for me I’ve never touched the stuff, and I don’t allow it in my car.

It was still annoying...

you volvo freaks are all the same..pot heads!!!:D

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

you volvo freaks are all the same..pot heads!!!:D
I've never touched a bit of the mary jane in my life... I know what it smells like having just graduated high school. (Anyone in highschool these days knows what weed smells like, espically if you hang around the parking lot... heh heh heh...)

I know plenty of people that smoke weed like crazy, but it's not my concern really. If people want to get high, I don't care.

With as much driving as I do, I don't have time to be a pot head anyway.

You don't get to 423K miles sitting around afterall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts