Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a pool at work every year where 8 of us draft the entire tourney (8 teams each, a hand of poker for draft order). $150 entry fee: $400 for the champ, $200 for 2nd, $150 for each of the other final four teams, $400 for most wins.

I got the 5th pick, which I thought was about the worst pick possible, as I knew Illinois, UNC, Duke, and Wake would be gone by then. I decided to trade down to the 7th, so I could get a higher pick on the way back. I ended up getting Gonzaga and Arizona with my first two picks, passing up on teams like Kentucky, UConn, and Kansas. Probably a bit too high for the Zags, but I really think they can take out Wake. I thought Arizona with pick #10 was a pretty nice pickup also. The rest of my team went:

Utah
Cincinnati
Iowa State
New Mexico
Niagra
Oakland

What do you think?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oooh, I don't know man. You took Cincinnati? I really think Iowa is going to upset the Cats and then the Huskies. I'm not liking the Riz or the Zags either, however I wish you the best of luck in that.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Zags are going to win it all.......Good selection...........

·
Registered
653 Posts
I think that Gonzaga was a good pick, just because they have the possibility of getting out of thier regional with the easy road there. Same for Utah.
That's why I don't like Arizona and Cinci.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Personally, I would have gone with UConn with my first pick, but I think Gonzaga has the ability to go pretty deep themselves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts