C YAO

VS:

KIDD
KOBE
KG
TD
DADDY
For now the world team could win 35% of the games. but
In 5-8 years i think this would be a great idea. the world team just not deep enough right now.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Kobe wouldn't star on my USA team. No way no how.

His *** would be backing up Paul Pierce and T-Mac this year.

But anyhow. USA would win going away. Especially once you got to the benches. KG and Tim Duncan are easily the best players in the world. And Shaq when motivated is unstoppable. There's no one in the world to stop any of those guys.

Maybe AK-47 one day. AK-47 is hardcore. I'd take a team of 5 Kirilenkos over that world team every day of the week. And twice on tuesdays.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FlyingTiger</b>!
PG NASH
SG PEJA
SF AK 47
PF DIRK
C YAO

VS:

KIDD
KOBE
KG
TD
DADDY
Since Tim Duncan is from the Virgin Islands, he can be considered a member of the 'World' Team. Here's what my match-up would look like:

STARTERS

PG Steve Nash... VS ..... Jason Kidd
SG Peja Staj ................. AI
SF Dirk........................... TMac
PF TD............................. Garnett
C Yao............................. Shaq

RESERVES (no match-ups intended)

PG
Tony Parker .............. LeBron
Manu Ginobilli............ Kobe
Carlos Arroyo............. Baron Davis
Pau Gasol ................. Pierce
Turkoglu ............... Vinsanity
Nene Hilario............... J. O' Neal
Kirilenko ................ Ray Allen
Najera ....................... Kenyon Martin
Mutombo.................... Ben Wallace
Vlade Divac................. CWeb

If you think about it, the World Team is pretty good and I won't be surprised of a couple of upset games.

The world is catching up. :yes:

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Oy, USA would kill them with that lineup.

I'd put Kobe over Pierce and Tmac, he's starting to get healthy and conditioned again.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
In an exhibition game, the World team could win. Remember, they wouldn't take it as seriously as a regular season game. If Peja and Dirk got hot and the US team got over-flashy the result would be far from a foregone conclusion.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JazzMan</b>!
In an exhibition game, the World team could win. Remember, they wouldn't take it as seriously as a regular season game. If Peja and Dirk got hot and the US team got over-flashy the result would be far from a foregone conclusion.
Exactly. Of course US names are much more bigger on the paper, but All-Star game isnt all about wining, though foreigners could get some fire as to prove that world of basketball isnt just USA. How is it NHL All-Star game (cause I havent seen an NHL game in my life), is it similar to NBA as no hard defence and etc or do the teams really play to win?

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
The NHL game is no defense - usually scores are like 9-7 or something like that - and when it was North America vs World it was pretty even - both sides won a few games.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by <b>CrookedJ</b>!
The NHL game is no defense - usually scores are like 9-7 or something like that - and when it was North America vs World it was pretty even - both sides won a few games.
However, the World Team seemed to always win the Skills Competition.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Re: Re: World vs USA in the all star game?

Originally posted by <b>junh</b>!

Since Tim Duncan is from the Virgin Islands, he can be considered a member of the 'World' Team. Here's what my match-up would look like:
No he can't.....He plays for the USA team and not the Virgin Islands team. Regardless of whether he was born on the Virgin Islands, he is on the USA team, thus making him an American player.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Sorry to dissapoint some of those of the world team but the Virgin Islands is US territory which makes Duncan an American citizen, just like Puerto Rico is an American territory (thus commonwealth).

Any of the players from those places are Americans as well as their native lands. They have dual citizenship so would be counted on our squads.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Tim Duncan should be on the World team.

In that case they could play a game a week for the next 5 years and the USA team wouldn't win a single game.

Tim and Peja would kill them.

Then you have Novitzki, Kirilenko, Nash, Yao.

US team has a bunch of bricklayers who couldn't hit anything against a zone ( T-Mac would probably start crying and threathen retiring again ) Garnett would be useless against Timmy , Pierce and Baron Davis got embarassed last year by Argentinians and Yugos, so lets not even talk what would happen against the World team.

Basically USA team has nobody other than Kobe on a really good night to produce anything of significant threat. Kidd and AI are a joke 40% bricklayers who'd be lost against the zone. I really can't think of anybody other than maybe Ray Allen.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
This would be a great concept, and would be outstanding to see in the coming years.

I do not deny the fact the USA team has superior talent, but so does the Western All-Stars for miles and miles. And we all know that means jack squat when it comes to an exhibition All-Star game. Bring it on.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Good lord, realdeal. What's next, USA gets it's championship taken away from last summer, Tim Duncan grows long, flowing hair and becomes a 3-pt expert, and Steve Nash blocks Shaq's shot and Shaq just goes to the bench and weeps?

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Maybe AK-47 one day. AK-47 is hardcore. I'd take a team of 5 Kirilenkos over that world team every day of the week. And twice on tuesdays.
Good point. Kirilienko is unlike any other player who's ever played. He might be the best athlete in the league. He's so explosive....quickness, jumping, the long arms..he's got it all going. He's going to be a superstar.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigMike</b>!

Good point. Kirilienko is unlike any other player who's ever played. He might be the best athlete in the league. He's so explosive....quickness, jumping, the long arms..he's got it all going. He's going to be a superstar.
is this bigmike dude charles barkley in disguised ??
ha ha ak47 isnt even the best athlete in his own team, let alone the whole league, ever heard of deshawn stevenson ?
virtually every nba team has someone more athletic than ak47, however hes no slouch when it comes to athletiscm, but hes nowhere near the best athlete in the league, not even close.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Zalgirinis</b>!

Exactly. Of course US names are much more bigger on the paper, but All-Star game isnt all about wining, though foreigners could get some fire as to prove that world of basketball isnt just USA. How is it NHL All-Star game (cause I havent seen an NHL game in my life), is it similar to NBA as no hard defence and etc or do the teams really play to win?

you are right, the USA has bigger name players and on paper they should be able to beat the World team. But just like in the NHL, the North American team has the bigger name players while the world team has/had guys like Sergei Krivokrasov (who??) and Marco Strum representing them, and the series was split 3-2 for North america, but for the years that the world team won, they dominated north america (World 42 - 39 North America overall goals)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If the Nhl made the all star game like a regular game the North Amercan squad will kill the world team. Even just canada vs the world in hockey would be close.

I think that the US team even without duncan would beat the world team easily. you still have SHaq and Kg on the inside, Jkidd at the point, Tmac and Kobe as the scorers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts