• Mo.Pe.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • OTHER (name who)

Votes: 3 9.7%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Lammond murray, he looks like he is tryng to throw away games for our team, he takes so many stupid shots whenever he played and he can't guard a pylon. Vince can also be bad sometimes but he can also be very good at times, he just needs to be more commited to playing defensively.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I don't think Lamond is that bad, really. He seems to have the ability to defend well if he wants to, he just gets abused so often because he is thrown into games ice-cold and expected to make big plays right away.

Defensively this team is pretty solid, almost down to a man. Palacio got burned a few times today, but he is mostly pretty good at keeping up with and bothering opposing guards.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i think Alvin Williams, VC and L.Murry

Alvin seems to have lost a step, i see opposing players just drive pass him at will. I guess all those surgeries is really affecting him.

VC can be a above-average defender when he wants to but hes too inconsitant. Some nites he looks good but off-nites, u have players like Ronald Dupree that blow pass VC with ease.

L.Murry is horrible, he has no latteral quickness and slow footed.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I'd actually say out of those guys Lamond, but he's actually a fairly solid defender when he wants to be. Same with Rose & VC. At the beginning of the year, Lamond was playing real solid defense, and in the end of the rockets game played AWESOME defense on Steve Francis.

Carter can shut a given opponent down when he has his head into it. He's a better help defender though, he's good at coming over and getting steals and blocks. I think he's played fairly consistent solid defensive this season.

I think Alvin is our worst defender because he's lost a step and just doesn't have the quickness anymore to keep up with faster guards.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Alvin is a serious defensive liability. I love the kid and his work ethic and ability to play through pain. buit his injuries have caught up with him. He cannot keep up with most of the people he is left to defend. He's a very smart athlete and limits the amount this happens through proper positioning and knowledge of where to be at all times...but it is sometimes unavoidable.

Who cares about lamond murry he never plays. Vince carter has good nights and bad. but for the most part he is a very solid defender.

Chris bosh is an amazing shot blocker...and I am probably one of his biggest fans. I mean I was the one who said he should be our primary option on the offensive end. However his size hurts him a great deal...he gets pushed around. and it hurts. He plays with so much heart. and when his body matches that desire...he will be a FORCE. But right now his size his hurting us against teams with bigger front court options.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Next Thread: worst penetrator

Next Thread: worst dribbler

Next Thread: worst hair

etc..

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
i gotta go with rose, his d just is awful

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Why the **** is Vince Carter and Morris Peterson up there and why the hell is there 1 vote for each of them? Does their defense not satisfy you people? I thought the label "poor defender" of Vince Carter was diminished this season, and Morris Peterson has been an inconsistent, but a critical defender his whole career. What's wrong with you people?

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Jalen Rose

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
LOL. I like how Robert Archibald is on the poll for both worst offence AND worst defence. Poor guy.

·
Registered
401 Posts
For what he is, Archibald is a fantastic defender. Mo Pete as well. VC has been great at times this year.

Have any of you considered Donyell? Yes, he gets a few blocks....but does he ever shut his man down?

Jalen would have to rank up there as well.

Lamond -- yes, but the guy never sees floor-time. His defense (or lack thereof) doesn't really affect whether we win or lose.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I said Jalen, I love the guy but he gets blown by a lot by smaller gaurds. He does get some steals and the occasional block though.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
defensively, we're hurting. we don't give up many points because we seem to lull our opponents to sleep, but i don't think we feature many players who are perceived to be "defensive stoppers". aside from chris and mo, we just have too many liabilities on the defensive end.

vince has the "potential" (there's that word again) to be a quality defensive player but he doesn't bring it every night. jalen appears to have lost a step. alvin appears to have lost several steps and what was once a bona fide strength in his game is now a standout weakness.

i don't know. the general perception thinks that our team is undermanned/undersized inside, and that's accurate to some degree, but i think we're suffering even bigger problems on the perimeter. i think our guards are being beaten too easily off the dribble, forcing our big men into help mode, and ultimately clearing a ton of space for our opponents' bigs. i don't think we're as "small" as we're being made out to be in the papers (although we could certainly use more size); i just think our perimeter defense is too often caught flat-footed.

who's our best defender? i don't know. but aside from bosh, mo, moiso and curry, we don't even have any players who can vie for that title with a straight face.

peace

1 - 17 of 17 Posts