Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd have to say they're up there.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody know how many points we're giving up on average this year?

My guess would be 103.

EDIT: Nuts, it's only 100.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
I'd have to say they're up there.
I'd have to say more than likely but I'm wondering if they have even practiced Defense.. With Rudy I'm certain they didnt.. They probably had 3 pt contests in practice.. With Frank I'm certain they havent due to all the time dedicated to the magnificent triangle that is working wonders for this team..

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
I'd have to say more than likely but I'm wondering if they have even practiced Defense.. With Rudy I'm certain they didnt.. They probably had 3 pt contests in practice..
:laugh:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian34Cook said:
I'd have to say more than likely but I'm wondering if they have even practiced Defense.. With Rudy I'm certain they didnt.. They probably had 3 pt contests in practice.. With Frank I'm certain they havent due to all the time dedicated to the magnificent triangle that is working wonders for this team..
LOL, that line about Rudy made me chuckle.

And yes, I totally agree. That's what I've been saying to my friends. I seriously doubt they even practice defense. I also think that our season didn't change because we got tired or Kobe got more selfish. It changed because Frank Hamblen became our head coach. The man is a frickin moron. He destroyed our playoff chances by installing an offense that takes "2 years to learn" in the middle of the damn season!

We had the 7/8 seed before you came along Frank! Why did you have to screw things up?! :curse:

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Lakers are no doubt the worst defensive team ever. I was watching the game against Utah today and my god, what the hell was that. All you have to do is guard the paint. That's it, nothing else. If they do that they would win more games. You would think that after 5 straight losses you would know the the paint is the key, They're not going to make it to the playoffs because they got idiots playing the game. Frank Hamblen, although a respectable man, is not head coach material. The only guy that seems to know what he's doing is Kobe. I didn't expect this team to get too far this year, but I also didn't expect them to be this bad.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
Kobe has been getting lit up lately aswell.. This is sad :laugh:
It hasn't just been lately. Since coming back from the ankle injury he's been a piss-poor defender. Every night we get lit up by opposing guards. This team gives me no confidence defensively.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Seriously, I mean no disrespect to people in the special olympics, but a team of players in wheelchairs could penetrate and get into the lane on the Laker's defense. It's disgraceful how bad the defense is.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
Having a bad defense isn't even that bad, the worst part is that we can't beat the Utah Jazz in terms of offensive talent.

This feels like a very, very, bad dream.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I don't understand how people can overlook Kobe's importance as the defensive leader. When he took the reins of the team, it became his responsiblity to become the guy who brings the team together on defense. So far he hasn't played defense all season and he doesn't communicate very well with his teammates while on the floor. This is why Mihm and Odom are always in foul trouble.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts