Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you was the Rockets worst transaction (or non-transaction) in the last decade?

I'll start us off by offering NOT trading Hakeem Olajuwon to the Raptors for Kevin Willis, Doug Christie, #5 (Wally Szczerbiak, Richard Hamilton, Andre Miller, Shawn Marion, and Jason Terry available), and #12 (Corey Maggette and Ron Artest available) in 1999.

Imagine getting Francis, Marion, Artest, and Thomas is one draft!

Although, keep in mind, that in 98-99 Olajuwon played all 50 games and averaged 19 pts, 9.5 rebs, 2 asts, 1.6 stls, and 2.5 blks in 36 mins. The season AFTER he only played 44 of 82 games and averaged 10 pts, 6 rebs, 1.4 asts, 1 stl, and 1.6 blks in 24 mins.

DAMN IT.

·
Registered
133 Posts
not playing Tierre Brown in front of Moochie Norris.....he's way better, just give him a chance

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
How about trading for Barkley

We lost Horry, Cassell,Maxwell etc.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I like Sir Charles. he is one of my fav.

I hated houston traded away Hakeem. He is my fav player of all time.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Mad max went onto oblivion, Horry is the same old Horry, totally dependent on others for him to get the wide open shot.

Sammy was the biggest loss in that trade, but compared to what Barkley gave in rebounding alone, not counting his points - it was a decent trade. Phoenix is the one who got nothing out of that trade.

Now, if Houston could have had Artest, Houston would have had another defensive cog in the Rocket machine.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by TheRifleman
Mad max went onto oblivion, Horry is the same old Horry, totally dependent on others for him to get the wide open shot.

Sammy was the biggest loss in that trade, but compared to what Barkley gave in rebounding alone, not counting his points - it was a decent trade. Phoenix is the one who got nothing out of that trade.

Now, if Houston could have had Artest, Houston would have had another defensive cog in the Rocket machine.
Cassel is still one of the best point guards in the league today. Horry is one of the topclutch players in the league today and back then. The barkely trade took away the heart of our team. We would have won the championships for several years if we wouldnt have made the barkely trade.

Our line up today if we didnt make the trade would be of championship quality

Ming/ Cato
Horry/ Griffen/ Mo Taylor
Rice / Nachbar
Francis/ Mobeley/ Moochie
Cassel/ Maddox

That would be an unbelievable line up. We would have had this except for the Barkley trade.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by mduke
That lineup doesnt look any better than what we've got now. And you forgot Kenny Thomas;)
The max on a roster i thought was 12. I put 12 on there. You couls substitute Thomas for Maddox but why?

Thomas is good, dont get me wrong but there is no need to have him when you already have 3 PFs?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by mduke
My point is, Cuttino is just as good as Cassell(not to mention he is our star player's best friend), and I'd take KT over Horry, not that we need either when we have Mo and Eddie.
I would take Horry because he is:

1. All around good player
2. Great role player that gets the job done
3. One of the most clutch players in the league if not the most.

Kenny isn't a clutch player.

If the game was on the line who would you rather have in the game, Horry or KT?

For me it is Horry hands down

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll have to go with not trade Hakeem to the Raptors for the #5 and #12 picks. We would have gotten two very good young players in that deal, and I think it would have sped up our rebuilding process.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Duck</b>!
I'll have to go with not trade Hakeem to the Raptors for the #5 and #12 picks. We would have gotten two very good young players in that deal, and I think it would have sped up our rebuilding process.
:)

I think, that you should go trough this, now the team is with other players. All of them different that you were asking for.
And they´re BETTER. Rockets, to playoffs 2003

De colombia, con fanatismo por houston

1 - 20 of 26 Posts