Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Does it get any worse than Clifford Robinson? The guy is a 6-10 power forward/center that has averaged 4.8 rpg in 32.3 mpg in his career. There are PGs that average better rebounding numbers than that. Last year he averaged 3.9 rpg in 34.7 mpg. Yikes.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
He's not a "bad rebounder", per se, but for his size Yao should be able to pull down a good deal more rebs than he does.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Alan Houston:

Career- 33.9 MPG, 2.9 REB
03/04 - 36 MPG, 2.4 REB

Terrible. At least one rebound per game will fall into his lap, so Allan Houston realistically goes out and gets 2 rebounds a game.

Clifford Robinson is the winner though, because he's been primarily a PF during his career, and he grabs about 5 boards per game. Terrible as well.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Spriggan</b>!
He's not a "bad rebounder", per se, but for his size Yao should be able to pull down a good deal more rebs than he does.
Oh yeah, I agree there. The guy should be pulling down at least 12 rpg, even if his wing span is very short for his height compared to other players his height (the few that there have been in history).

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
The first name that I thought of is Peja Drobnjak. For his size, he's a terrible rebounder. He's 6'11" 272 lbs, and can't even grab 4 rebounds per game from the center position in 25 mpg. :nonono:

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Spriggan</b>!
When you are that tall, you have to sacrifice something and that is why he can't rely on his weak athletic skills to pull down rebounds. Smaller guys have a much higher vertical so when it comes to rebounding I can't say height is, or will ever be, a major issue. Look at guys like Ben Wallace and Charles Barkley, they have pulled down more boards than most 7 footers will in a lifetime.

The longer Yao is in the league, the more tricks he will pick up to box out defenders and get around smaller, bulkier centers that push him out of the key. I expect him to be pulling down close to 13 rpg in his prime.

·
Steal of the Draft
8,043 Posts
Rasheed Wallace. Guys is 6'10 with HUGE arms, and only manages 7 Rebs. a game? Come on... I aint a Sheed hater, I'm just saying, thats one thing I always thought he could improve on. Then again, with teh Pistons, expect those #'s too go up, he did change to a whole new player. Shows what playing a game in ATL can do too your career. :D

BFreak.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Allen Houston never really hangs in the post he's always around the 3pt line on offense and defense you can't really bash him for that

Stats dont always tell the truth

·
Registered
878 Posts
Anyone that has seen more than 10 Houston games will agree......MoTaylor.
The guy is 6' 10"/6' 11", a wide strong body, and is scared as hell to box out and/or rebound.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts