Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth RJ returning early, if there is a chance he can hurt himself again or worse? I know he's trying to come back, but would you want him give up this season for him to play out his contract at his abilities, or would you take that chance?

With Hill in and out of the Magic's lineup, I myself an up in the air.

-Petey

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Petey said:
Is it worth RJ returning early, if there is a chance he can hurt himself again or worse?
i wonder that myself sometimes. it's great that he's so determined to come back early, but what if it only does harm instead of good?

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
It is worth it if he RETURNS AGAINST PHILADELPHIA ON APRIL 17!!!! Yeah!!!

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Yea, have him put on the uni, run up and down, get the fans going, get the team going, yea that'd be worth it, but don't count on him scoring 10 points, 5 and 5. 10 minutes at most.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Depends what is at risk. Most of the time the doctors and physical therapists set a very high caution bar. Look at Terrell Owens. His doctor said no way. I don't think he was any where near half way through his rehab when he came back. And his rehad was suppose to be for a long period, because it was a weight bearing bone.

RJ's rehab is suppose to be 8 weeks. Tuesday it will be 4 weeks. Can he go at 5 weeks? With a hand brace? I would think so. I thought when a cast is removed the injury is healed. Rehab is just to get the movement and flexibility back into the muscles and joints due to atrophy. Is that correct? Is he healed?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dumpy said:
It is worth it if he RETURNS AGAINST PHILADELPHIA ON APRIL 17!!!! Yeah!!!
LOL, should be a fun day... everyone please remember to bring schub a Kit Kat bar.

-Petey

Reactions: BizzyRipsta

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
st lickem said:
I think its worth it. This team can be scary with rj
:biggrin:

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Docs gotta rule the day on this one. I'd love to see him come back, but not at the expense of risking future and longterm damage.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
SeaNet said:
Docs gotta rule the day on this one. I'd love to see him come back, but not at the expense of risking future and longterm damage.
The hell with him. The important thing is that he is playing on April 17!!!!! :clap:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts