Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i believe that rj's cast should be coming off soon and with three weeks left i was wondering what you guys thought about the possiblity of rushing rj and making a playoff push for the final 8th seed. they only trail philly by 3 and a half games and the celtics by 5, if they win the division they'll be up to the 3rd seed. personally i dont fell that its worth rushing him for this season and risking a more serious injury to occur however if the nets can make the playoffs it at least gives them the chance of winning the championship however much unlikely there is still that possibility that the tandem on kidd rj and vc carry the team along with the improving kristic and shock the rest of the league.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
J Pops said:
i believe that rj's cast should be coming off soon and with three weeks left i was wondering what you guys thought about the possiblity of rushing rj and making a playoff push for the final 8th seed. they only trail philly by 3 and a half games and the celtics by 5, if they win the division they'll be up to the 3rd seed. personally i dont fell that its worth rushing him for this season and risking a more serious injury to occur however if the nets can make the playoffs it at least gives them the chance of winning the championship however much unlikely there is still that possibility that the tandem on kidd rj and vc carry the team along with the improving kristic and shock the rest of the league.

NOOOOO!!!

Do NOT RUSH RJ!!!

Let him heal and have a good career. If we make the playoffs, great. If not, we'll concentrate on next year.

Even if it is his non-shooting hand...

I believe all players in no matter what sport should fully recover before returning.

So much stupid macho B.S. about playing hurt...so stupid...

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
RJ's cast is off and is currently in rehab. I don't think he should rush because I want him healthy for next year when the Nets make a run at the title.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
If RJ and the trainer say he can play with a week or more in the season, then I say we give him a shot and just try him out, maybe make a run for the playoffs. But if he's not sure and the trainer doesn't think he's ready, than no, the team has played fine without him and there is no use risking it.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
tr_west said:
If RJ and the trainer say he can play with a week or more in the season, then I say we give him a shot and just try him out, maybe make a run for the playoffs. But if he's not sure and the trainer doesn't think he's ready, than no, the team has played fine without him and there is no use risking it.
Toms River Represents!!!!

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Well if anything does go wrong, he'll have plent of time to rest and nurse it back to health.

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
If we're just spotting for the 8th seed, then no, RJ shouldn't be rushed. It's not worth risking his career.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I would only want to see RJ back if one of two things happens:

1. RJ comes up with a way that he and only he can stop Shaq from domination. (assuming that we face the Heat in the first round)

2. The doctor, the trainer, and his mom all say it's okay that he plays.

If neither of these things happen, then let's get ready for a big year next year at CAA.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I've said this before and will say it again. If RJ is cleared to play by at least two doctors and we are either in the playoffs or within a game of 8th seed either way, then I say let him play. If either doesn't happen, let him sit out until next season.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
uptown4784 said:
We should never rush a player
Rushing? No, I wouldn't do that.

But waiting an extra few weeks even if he's cleared is not exactly what I'm interested in doing. If the doctors say RJ to wait a week and he say's he wants to go now. I'd want him to sit it out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
say the nets go on a run and manage to win the atlantic (they only trail by 4 and half) i think a 6th seed is very beatable which could be the cavs, pacers or bulls. THen do you think we bring Rj in for the second round of the playoffs. its a tough call to make, but advancing to the second round of the playoffs could buy rj enough time to FULLY recover from his wrist injury

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
J Pops said:
say the nets go on a run and manage to win the atlantic (they only trail by 4 and half) i think a 6th seed is very beatable which could be the cavs, pacers or bulls. THen do you think we bring Rj in for the second round of the playoffs. its a tough call to make, but advancing to the second round of the playoffs could buy rj enough time to FULLY recover from his wrist injury
If we get in as the 3rd seed, RJ will be back... and early.

-Petey

1 - 14 of 14 Posts