Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Very few I can think of...

Shaq (Worthy of 2 all stars)
Bryant is good but has become inconsistent as of late.
McGrady
Yao
I would say Wade... But he's not proven himself YET. I know he's been amazing the two years he's had in the league, But not YET.
Duncan
Amare Stoudamire
KG Proven MVP

But, I would love to keep Pierce in the Green and White.
No trade thoughts.

PdP

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
There are a lot of combinations I can think of, but if it is Pierce straight-up for another player, then I can name about 20-25 guys.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
theres worthy players...then theres realistic players...obviously noones going to trade shaq kg duncan or lebron for pp...the people i could see would be vince carter...peja...jamison...ray allen, michael redd and steve francis...but i dont even like any of those trades id definetly rather keep paul

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
PhearDaPierce said:
Shaq
Bryant
McGrady
Yao
Wade
Duncan
Amare Stoudamire
KG
The sad thing is, there's no way we can get those players with Paul.

Ray Allen, Marion, Brand, Carter and a few others are much more realistic.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Shawn Marion is the one that pops into my mind that would be fair for both sides and I would LOVE.....Shawn is young still like Paul, very established, puts up great #'s only he hasn't learned to be such a whiner like Paul has become the past couple seasons.....I don't WANT to trade Paul but if Paul's attitude doesn't improve soon, he will be gone and I won't be sad about it, unless we get ripped off of course but Marion would be a GREAT asset.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Premier said:
Shawn Marion's trading value is much higher than Pierce's.
Yep! There was talk about a deal like this prior to this season and I wish it had gone down. Now we'd have to at least toss in a draft pick before Phoenix would even consider a Marion for Pierce deal and I honestly doubt they would even go for that. If they would, I would gladly give them Pierce and a first round pick this year for Marion.

There are a lot of other players that I would gladly trade Pierce for, but most of the players that I would like to have are either considered "untouchable" or play for teams that either don't need Pierce or play a style where he wouldn't be a good fit. One player that I haven't seen mentioned but who I think would be a pretty good fit and who could probably be gotten for Pierce is Lamar Odom. The Lakers have been forced to play him at the 4 a lot, but he's really a big 3 IMHO. He's a good ball handler, good shooter, good rebounder, and good passer. A deal of Pierce for Odom and Walton works under the salary cap and might be acceptable to both teams. Pierce goes back home and the C's get a couple of decent players in return.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Plus, Odom isn't working in Los Angeles and it seems like Odom and the Lakers don't want anything to do with one another (or each other, but one another cannot be deemed grammatically incorrect). Odom, a power three, is what we need. Although if Pierce keeps up his strong play, I would like to keep him, but Pierce hasn't shown any consistency as to how "hard" he plays. Odom might be the best we can get for Pierce. If they Pierce didn't continue his recent play and reverted to his lazy play, I would definitly trade him for Odom and Jumaine Jones, who has improved since his last stint in Boston (putting up a respectable seven points and five rebounds per game).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts