Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question I found myself pondering earlier. No rumors or anything, and try to disassociate the cap implications and what not. Just as a prospect going forward, would you swap Bynum for Davis? Why or why not?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I would sure as hell hope so.

He may/may not end up being as good as Bynum, I'd bet on it though. And even if he's not, he'll be in team huddles and not stealing handicapped parking spots.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
I think his athleticism and active defense would actually be a nice changeup for the Lakers, you wonder if there's any way the Hornets would be interested in that at all.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
No. I would only trade him for current superstars. Not potential Eddie Griffins.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I agree with Jamel.

If you are going to keep Pau and trade Bynum it signals a win now approach, not a build for the future one.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This thread is supposed to be solely from the Lakers' point of view. In the hypothetical situation the Hornets will accept the offer.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
No, I wouldn't. 1) he's unproven, 2) I think his ceiling is lower than everyone else does.

I see him being a mix between Tyson Chandler and Marcus Camby.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Most people are against Dwight immediately, but Anthony Davis you have to think about?
Most people meaning maybe 3 on earth? Or are you talking about a shock value analyst on ESPN?

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
This thread is supposed to be solely from the Lakers' point of view. In the hypothetical situation the Hornets will accept the offer.
I think the Hornets would probably do this deal... especially if the Lakers take back a bad contract with him... like your old friend Trevor Ariza, perhaps.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would love to have Ariza back in purple and gold. He'll always be one of my favorites after his run in '09.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Wayne Brady is hilarious (of course, because I'm white and white people love Wayne Brady).

Saying Davis is going to be the next Eddie Griffin is dumb as shit Jamel.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts