Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dwayne wade ending up on the all NBA first team? I really do think he desreve it this year, the heats' record speaks for itself. and when shaq is out the heat hardly miss a beat. i think he will end up on the first team with shaq.
it's gonna be him and either T-mac or nash. Ai's team just not good enough to be on the first team.

and the bulls coach skiles called him the "best guard in the NBA"

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
not too sure on the 1st team but a sure 2nd team ALL NBA is certainly gurantee IMO

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Well, Nash and Tmac may have something to say. I think he and Kobe will be on second team, with nash and tmac on the first. Allen and somebody (Arenas?) on the third.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wadeshaqeddie said:
Well, Nash and Tmac may have something to say. I think he and Kobe will be on second team, with nash and tmac on the first. Allen and somebody (Arenas?) on the third.
i dont get all the nash hype. just because he was a mvp canadiate earlier this year when the suns stormed out of the gate and went 31-4 to suprise everyone and their grandmothers along the way. now people think he's a sure lock on the first team. if u exmaine the 2 teams carefully, the suns have 4 other all star caliber type of players (maybe not Q) and the heat has exactly one in shaq. i would say wade puts up better numbers than nash despite he leads the league in assists.

t-mac and wade are the 2 best guards this season by far.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I think Wade most likely makes second team with Kobe taking the other guard spot.

Nash
Tmac
Lebron
Duncan
Shaq

for the First Team

Though I do think Wade and Nash could switch places.

·
Registered
216 Posts
it shud be ai n wade in the first team.....but one of em will be in the second team

·
Registered
721 Posts
Elton Brand over Dirk?

Dirk not included at all?

Aside from that, I agree. Dirk deserves second team (maybe first, but there's no chance for that), but'll probably get third.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Ghost said:
Here is how I see it playing out.

1st Team

G - Steve Nash
G - Tracy McGrady
F - LeBron James
F - Tim Duncan
C - Shaquille O'Neal

2nd Team

G - Dwyane Wade
G - Kobe Bryant
F - Kevin Garnett
F - Amare Stoudmire
C - Yao Ming

3rd Team

G - Ray Allen
G - Gilbert Arenas
F - Shawn Marion
F - Elton Brand
C - Brad Miller
what has AI ever done to you? :curse:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Wow, you forgot AI too. :p

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah, it kind of would. I'm not saying he does not deserve it better than Nash, but if anything, Nash should not be the mvp but be included on the NBA first team.

With all the arguements for Nash on why he should be the mvp, those are enough to put them up there in the first team.

Nash spreads the floor effectively with his shooting and is one of those really excellent floor generals that could rip the defense apart whenever he wants to. If it wasn't for his playmaking ability, wide open threes or cutters wont be able to score that often. A similar player to Jason Kidd, who makes his teammates better, but a different version though because of his superb shooting and lack of defense.

Wade though creats so much impact on the game too and I agree that the Heat wouldn't miss a beat if Shaq weren't around, but I'd have to give Shaq lotsa credit for this year's Heat's success though. The defense is always geared to stop and deny him the ball but kudos to Wade for creating havoc on the perimeter.

I just want to place Nash in the 1st team because of his importance on the Phoenix's system. Dont get me wrong, Wade is also important but Nash should be given a huge credit for the turnaround of the Phoenix franchise.

·
The Baseball Guru
12,161 Posts
DuMa said:
what has AI ever done to you? :curse:

Wow I completly forgot AI, Right before I posted i remembered I forgot LeBron.

With AI The Team are Different, with Ai I drop Kobe all of the way out.

1st Team

G - Steve Nash
G - Allen Iverson
F - LeBron James
F - Tim Duncan
C - Shaquille O'Neal

2nd Team

G - Dwyane Wade
G - Tracy McGrady
F - Kevin Garnett
F - Amare Stoudmire
C - Yao Ming

3rd Team

G - Ray Allen
G - Gilbert Arenas
F - Shawn Marion
F - Elton Brand
C - Brad Miller

·
Warrior Spirit!
4,216 Posts
1st team:

G Steve Nash
G Allen Iverson
F LeBron James
F Tim Duncan
C Shaq

2nd Team

G Dwyane Wade
G Kobe Bryant
F Kevin Garnett
F Tracy McGrady
C Amare Stoudemire

3rd Team

G Gilbert Arenas
G Ray Allen
F Dirk Nowitski
F Shawn Marion
C Yao Ming

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
CiMa said:
1st team:

G Steve Nash
G Allen Iverson
F LeBron James
F Tim Duncan
C Shaq

2nd Team

G Dwyane Wade
G Kobe Bryant
F Kevin Garnett
F Tracy McGrady
C Amare Stoudemire

3rd Team

G Gilbert Arenas
G Ray Allen
F Dirk Nowitski
F Shawn Marion
C Yao Ming
I agree 100%.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
I think Shaq, Duncan and McGrady should be 1st team locks. That leaves a guard spot and a forward spot open. For the guard spot, Nash, Wade and Kobe will fight for that spot, the other two should be 2nd team. For the forward spot, Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki will fight for that one spot.

So it'll look like:
G- Nash/Wade/Kobe
G- McGrady
F- Duncan
F- Nowitzki/Garnett
C- Shaquille O'Neal

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
A better question is what Elton Brand has ever done to him. It would have to be pretty intimate for him to be placed over Dirk.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
For the forward spot, Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki will fight for that one spot.
Lebron will be in that discussion as well. No matter how much it irks you. He's had an incredible season and I think voters will want to reward him for it.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
My first team (re-evaluated again)

PG: Steve Nash
2004-05 Key Stats:
PPG: 16.1
APG: 11.5 (1st)
3PT%: 0.435 (5th)
FT%: 0.888 (7th)
FG%: 0.511 (10th)
Double/Doubles: 46 (3rd)

SG: Allen Iverson
2004-05 Key Stats:
PPG: 30.4 [1st]
APG: 7.7 [5th]
SPG: 2.4 [2nd]

SF: LeBron James
2004-05 Key Stats
PPG: 26.6 (3rd)
RPG: 7
APG: 7.3 (6th)
SPG: 1.91 (3rd)
Triple Doubles: 2 (4th)

PF: Tim Duncan
2004-05 Key stats
PPG: 20.9 (19th)
RPG: 11.4 (tied for 4th)
BPG: 2.68 (3rd)
Double/Doubles: 44 (4th)

C: Shaquille O'Neal
PPG: 23 (11th)
RPG: 10.6 (5th)
BPG: 2.4 (6th)
FG%: 0.599 (1st)
Double/Doubles: 42 (5th)

Kevin Garnett's Numbers suggest he should be in First Team, but I dont think he will replace Tim Duncan. LeBron is the only other guy he can replace, Lebron's hype this season might tip him over the top to beat KG in that position. But I wouldnt be surprise if KG gets in towards the end.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts