Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all complain about the way Scott handled Zoran, how he had problems with rotations.

Would he had been like Jefferson or more like Zoran under Scott?

I think he would had never seen time as a Net, it's the only way I take solace about selling him off to the 76ers.

-Petey

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Maybe Korver wouldn't have been noticed at first, but after a nice game by him the coach will pay more attention and have played him more.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I think Byron's problem with Zoran is the language barrier. Byron is so stupid and not patient enough to spend more time teaching the rookie.

If we had Korver, I think he'd be successful and blossomed under Byron.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
faNETicS said:
I think Byron's problem with Zoran is the language barrier. Byron is so stupid and not patient enough to spend more time teaching the rookie.

If we had Korver, I think he'd be successful and blossomed under Byron.
What is his excuse with Stephan Jackson then?

-Petey

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Scott didn't give much leeway for rookies, so doubtful, but this is what Korver's 2nd season? I think Kidd would have used him well. I mean he would have been the only spot up shooter we have, aside from inconsistent Rogers and Harris. But Scott's leash would have been very short. I mean 2 misses, your out.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Petey said:
What is his excuse with Stephan Jackson then?

-Petey
jackson had bad shot selection that pissed the coaching staff off. he hasnt seen a shot he didnt like.

byron was very selfish in a way. he wanted to play the players who have some idea of what to do. korver would have only gotten garbage time or blowout time. you see what he is doing in philly...another one that got away. i would love to get him back, but he would be coming off the bench and i doubt he would want that over philly, yet maybe he would rather play with jason/vince/rj than iverson...i think people would take jason/vince/rj more often than ai

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NetsanityJoe said:
jackson had bad shot selection that pissed the coaching staff off. he hasnt seen a shot he didnt like.

byron was very selfish in a way. he wanted to play the players who have some idea of what to do. korver would have only gotten garbage time or blowout time. you see what he is doing in philly...another one that got away. i would love to get him back, but he would be coming off the bench and i doubt he would want that over philly, yet maybe he would rather play with jason/vince/rj than iverson...i think people would take jason/vince/rj more often than ai
Jackson has gotten better, but I still don't think he deserves that contract.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
A good question. When I watch Korver now, there's no coach in the league who wouldn't play him. Not only is he a great shooter, he's got tremendous basketball instincts, esp. seen w/ his passing. I wonder if he would have gotten a chance to develop under Scott, though. If you couldn't come in and produce right away, Scott didn't want anything to do w/ you. Anyone know how Korver played when he first started getting time in Philly? Did he break out right away? Or was it a slower progression?

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
SeaNet said:
A good question. When I watch Korver now, there's no coach in the league who wouldn't play him. Not only is he a great shooter, he's got tremendous basketball instincts, esp. seen w/ his passing. I wonder if he would have gotten a chance to develop under Scott, though. If you couldn't come in and produce right away, Scott didn't want anything to do w/ you. Anyone know how Korver played when he first started getting time in Philly? Did he break out right away? Or was it a slower progression?
In between. He didnt stink it up but he didnt light it up either. Anyway the confidence factor and this past summer of working out as far as him lifting weights has done wonders for him. His basketball smarts were never not in question. I like Korver and hope he has a nice long career in Philly

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
BEEZ said:
In between. He didnt stink it up but he didnt light it up either. Anyway the confidence factor and this past summer of working out as far as him lifting weights has done wonders for him. His basketball smarts were never not in question. I like Korver and hope he has a nice long career in Philly
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Korver seems like a great guy, I wish he was a Net, but he looks like he's enjoying Philly. I'm not sure how much playing time he would have gotten here. Doesn't he play small forward? He and RJ may have been too much alike for him to have gotten much playing time here. But in Philly, he can fill the role.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PSUmtj112 said:
I was so mad when the Nets sold Korver.

Still am a little mad about it to be honest. :curse:
You remember us all complaining on the board? We were so happy the best shooter in the draft fell to us in the late second round.

-Petey

1 - 15 of 15 Posts