Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
assuming shaq has no problem with this trade. with the way kobe has been playing and the lakers are losing. would the heat take kobe for wade? even if shaq doesnt mind playing with kobe again?

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
wtf? Wade fits with shaq much better than Kobe. He's younger. They are very happy with him. i dont know why im even responding to this

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HeinzGuderian said:
wtf? Wade fits with shaq much better than Kobe. He's younger. They are very happy with him. i dont know why im even responding to this
i said assuming shaq has NO SAYS on this. u really think wade fits in better with shaq? what about the glory lakers days? if shaq liked kobe as much as he liked wade, u really think wade/shaq is a better duo than kobe/shaq?

·
Banned
22 Posts
Sith said:
assuming shaq has no problem with this trade. with the way kobe has been playing and the lakers are losing. would the heat take kobe for wade? even if shaq doesnt mind playing with kobe again?

Heck no. Why in the hell would Miami do that for. They already have a wayyyyyyyyyyyy better player in Wade. He's younger and he's only gonna be better. Kobe is a broken down washed up hack, he is a cancer and only tears down a franchise, plus he close to retirement. This would be one of the worst trades in NBA history ( following the Shaq deal, Shaq for scrubs? you gotta be kiddin me) if they would do that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sith said:
why would the heat want a cancer like that on their team? we've already seen kobe self destruct and destroy one team...

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
yes miami would reject it. they already have a championship caliber team in wade+shaq+filler. why fix what aint broken?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Eh why are people calling Kobe a cancer and selfish player? Since when has he been that prima-dona, who needs the ball all the time? Remember, he can play in the triangle offence, and you need to know the Shaq of last year was pathetic compared to this year, a slimmer and fitter Shaq. Wade is simply not as good a player as Kobe at this point of his career, but really, I think Miami would accept it, not considering contracts, age.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
OLD SKOOL NBA FAN said:
Heck no. Why in the hell would Miami do that for. They already have a wayyyyyyyyyyyy better player in Wade. He's younger and he's only gonna be better. Kobe is a broken down washed up hack, he is a cancer and only tears down a franchise, plus he close to retirement. This would be one of the worst trades in NBA history ( following the Shaq deal, Shaq for scrubs? you gotta be kiddin me) if they would do that.
Boy do you bring a lot to the table. Kobe at 26 is close to retirement huh?
I didnt know a cancer could be an important part to a 3 time championship team.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I like Wade, but if I could trade him to get Kobe. I'd definitely do that.

Kobe >>>>>>>> Wade

Yes, and I'm a diehard Spurs fan.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Sith said:
If Shaq has no problem at all with this deal, and seeing that Kobe and Shaq have had 3 championships and have been to the Finals 4 out of the past 5 years, I honestly dont see why they dont do it. Besides age, which isnt that big of a factor since Kobe is not that much older than Wade, I cant think of a reason why Miami would reject this trade. Kobe and Shaq are a proven championship successful combo. Wade and Shaq are not there yet, but we'll see at the end of the season.

As much turmoil and tension that Kobe and Shaq have, noone on this board can deny the success and chemistry they had on the basketball court, which has yet to be proven, in terms of a championship, with Wade and Shaq. Theyve had a great season so far, but until they show what they both can do in the playoffs together, Id pick Kobe over Wade as a running mate for Shaq each time. Wade will have his chance though to prove if he's a better running mate with Shaq during the next couple of seasons.

·
Registered
583 Posts
HallOfFamer said:
If Shaq has no problem at all with this deal, and seeing that Kobe and Shaq have had 3 championships and have been to the Finals 4 out of the past 5 years, I honestly dont see why they dont do it. Besides age, which isnt that big of a factor since Kobe is not that much older than Wade, I cant think of a reason why Miami would reject this trade. Kobe and Shaq are a proven championship successful combo. Wade and Shaq are not there yet, but we'll see at the end of the season.

As much turmoil and tension that Kobe and Shaq have, noone on this board can deny the success and chemistry they had on the basketball court, which has yet to be proven, in terms of a championship, with Wade and Shaq. Theyve had a great season so far, but until they show what they both can do in the playoffs together, Id pick Kobe over Wade as a running mate for Shaq each time. Wade will have his chance though to prove if he's a better running mate with Shaq during the next couple of seasons.
Just what I was trying to say. :yes:

Even though Wade and Shaq are a deadly combo, you put Kobe in the Miami in place of Wade, and they're almost a lock for the championship. Right now, they're still a contender.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
If this trade went down, the Lakers and the Heat would have traded:

Wade, Butler, Grant, and Odom for Shaq and Kobe....

I think that is a helluva trade for the Heat.....

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
OLD SKOOL NBA FAN said:
1) Wade is wayyyyyyyyyyyy better
2) Kobe is a washed up hack close to retirement
3) Kobe is a cancer

Yikes, this may be one of the worst posts I have ever seen on here. :eek:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Are you serious there is no way in hell Miami would do this even if Shaq was not involved, Wade is going to be a much better player/rolemodel than Kobe, plus with Wade, there is a player who you can build your team around when Shaq leaves

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
what makes people think that Kobe for Wade would instantly turn the Heat into a championship team?

Just see the Lakers with GP and Malone...

I agree with the saying, "if it ain't broke, why fix it"

Surely, Kobe is better right now, but the impact that Wade creates plus his age would definitely make the GM think thrice before initiating the trade... Wouldnt be much of an upgrade, even if you say Shaq has NO SAY on this.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
I don't know why, but I don't see how Miami can accept that offer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts