Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have pulled the trigger on the Brand for Chandler trade if he was GM at the time? Hypothetical question I know but just wondering. Something tells me he would have not and used the #4 pick on someone other than Curry like say Richardson or Battier.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
have pulled the trigger on the Brand for Chandler trade if he was GM at the time? Hypothetical question I know but just wondering. Something tells me he would have not and used the #4 pick on someone other than Curry like say Richardson or Battier.
No. Brand is his kind of player.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
At the same time I dont think Pax has the guts to pull a Chandler for Brand trade.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do wonder sometimes how great of a duo Hinrich and Brand would be. Yikes, they would have been really nice together. Stockton/Malone II.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!
At the same time I dont think Pax has the guts to pull a Chandler for Brand trade.
Guts or cowardice.

Krause supporters viewed the move as 'visionary' and 'gutsy' while the pundits viewed it as stalling for 2-3 years time.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed SD we should have drafted Battier that year. I still think that. Battier,Artest,Brand,Miller,Crawford. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
The only thing I've ever heard Paxson say on this is that he's glad he didn't have to make that decision. We can translate as we wish, but no, I don't think he'd have done it.

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
I would hope not. This is proving to be the fatal flaw of the franchise. He would've drafted Curry most likely. And in 2002 my guess would have been a trade-down to grab Wagner, but still.

Jamal Crawford
DaJuan Wagner
Ron Artest
Elton Brand
Eddy Curry

And that's without Brad Miller (let's say we couldn't re-sign him), but no sense living in the past.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

Guts or cowardice.

Krause supporters viewed the move as 'visionary' and 'gutsy' while the pundits viewed it as stalling for 2-3 years time.
Not if you have in mind that Curry and Brand would have a hard time co-existing on the O-side plus Tyson is 7'2 plus he is a defensive prescene plus he was a good long range jump shooter in High School-

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
And they said Brand wouldnt have re-signed with the Bulls, leaving us with empty hands.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Pax wouldnt have pulled the trade. Really, I don't think anybody in pro basketball other than Krause would've pulled that trade. I was all for it at the time, but in hindsight I see what a debilitating move that was.

And for all those arguments made against Brand, like Brand and Curry couldn't co-exist, well, right now it looks like Curry can't exist with anyone. And since when has Curry and Chandler put together stelllar nights together????? And the argument that Brand wouldn't resign was completely preposterous. He signed with the Heat and was then matched by the Clips. Both teams aren't known as winners around the league and arguably, the Bulls would have been in better situations than both those teams.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
If Pax had made the move, he would have signed a guy AD instead of Eddie Robinson as a free agent that summer. He would have moved Fizer and Bags immeadiately. He would have found the best vets like Gil and Pippen that he could get. He would have made sure that they were in the right condition with the right coach from the start. He would have gotten rid of all the second round projects b/c 2 HS projects are enough.

Gee, sorta like what he is doing right now. But with the option of having Miller and Artest on the roster.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!
And they said Brand wouldnt have re-signed with the Bulls, leaving us with empty hands.
Something to consider...

Brand signed with the CLIPPERS... THE CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!

and that was BEFORE they signed Magette and with the knowledge that Miller and Odom and Kandi man were most likely ghost.

If falk was willing to resign there (in those conditions) he would EASILY have resigned in Chicago.

That said, Curry with the 4th pick wouldn't have happened.

Supposedly the Clippers (who viewed Curry as a PF) wanted to take him at #2. The Grizz supposedly liked Chandler over Pau thus taking him. Most likely, Pau would have slipped to the bulls and we would have had the same power forward log jam (Fizer, Brand Pau) that we would have ended up with anyhow.

Anyway you cut it though... ending up with any of those 3 alongside Brand would have been great!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts