Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November's trade with Toronto offered another opportunity to play Monday morning general manager, especially with the Bulls struggling so often to reach 90 points.

What if general manager John Paxson had accepted the Raptors' first proposal of Jerome Williams, Alvin Williams and Morris Peterson for Jalen Rose?

In that scenario, the Bulls would have an experienced third guard in Alvin Williams to help take the scoring pressure off Jamal Crawford and Kirk Hinrich. Peterson would provide another option at small forward, which has been a tough spot for the Bulls to fill.

The Bulls wouldn't have Antonio Davis, and it's difficult to say what effect that would have on the interior defense. But they still would have Donyell Marshall, who can play in the post, and Jerome Williams, whose defensive skills have been helpful.
http://www.dailyherald.com/search/main_story.asp?intid=37998111

·
Registered
876 Posts
Pax didn't want Alvin

Williams (or Alvin from the Cosby Show). He has looming injury concerns. His ankles or something.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow, was that offer really on the board? If so, it makes Pax look bad for eventually making the deal much worse for us (we'd pretty clearly be better off with Donyell, MoPete and AWill than with AD).

I thought that much of the reason for the deal happening was AD's desire to get out of Toronto, though. And that JYD was put into talks later, to facilitate trading AD. This original offer doesn't correspond with that. Does anyone else remember this? And possibly think that that offer wasn't on the board (except in the mind of the Chicago media)?

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
You'll have to excuse me while I go puke blood.

Alvin Williams has looked good since the trade. His injury problems seemed to magically vanish.

Peterson's been shooting the lights out.

While I actually really like what AD brings and think he's maybe the man most responsible for our improved record, it's hard to see how we didn't overpay a bit when you see stuff like this.

If we could have at least gotten MoPete instead of Jeffries I'd be happy. As it stands, though, it was probably a push for us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts